Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am done with Samsung

(Topic created on: 20-11-2023 12:55 PM)
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey all, just thought I'd share a little update.

I brought an S23 Ultra back in February - and it's been an absolute trooper of a phone. Up until July/August time, when I noticed a pretty significant camera issue - I'd get a line on the output of photos/videos I took with the main shooter. There's a couple of examples attached.

Naturally, phone being in warranty still, I sent these off to Samsung with details, and they sorted out a repair order. This is where things get a little dicey.

I didn't hear back from Samsung after they picked up my phone, and they couldn't tell me where it was. So I panicked a little.

Turns out it was with the repair centre, and they hadn't scanned it yet. So all good again.

....until I got the news that they'd reported that there was no fault with the camera. Which, obviously, there is a fault. So the phone was sent back with the fault it had.

So I contacted Samsung once again, who advised me to either send the phone off for another 2 weeks for investigation, or to drive to my nearest Samsung store.

Not wanting to be without my phone again, I opted to drive to the Samsung store. Up until the point where I rang the store and they told me that their repair centre was closed, so they could look at the fault and nothing else.

So now I'm stuck in a Catch-22. I want the issue resolved in a manner that won't inconvenience me further (something like a doorstep repair, in-store repair (except they're closed), or a replacement device). I don't think I'm being unreasonable here - I've put up with this for a few months now.

So, speaking with Samsung's solutions department, they insist that my only 2 options are sending it away, or going to a store that's repair centre is closed.

...and that's it. No room for negotiation, no compromises, nothing.

So, this S23 Ultra is now being dealt with by Klarna. And this will probably be the last Samsung phone I buy for a while. I'm done, I'm sick and tired of jumping through hoops to get a £1,300 phone to work as I'd expect it to.

27 REPLIES 27
Allysisa
Helping Hand
Options
Its shocking they didn't see the error in the 1st place the dumb ***** x
jonathan747
Apprentice
Options
That's down to pixilation and slowly over time will definitely worsen, that phone needs to be returned to where you bought it, under warranty as it won't be long, as it worsens it will bleed as to speak and you will end up with a black patch around the size of a 10p piece which will then continue bleeding till you can't see anything else on your screen, send it back NOW!.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's clear in all pics. People not noticing on the swans is because they're looking for it vertically, when it's clear that picture is landscape and you can see it clearly horizontally. Can you try the other lenses and see if they are also affected.
AintLaurent
Explorer
Options
How cant u see it tf
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Its plain to see in your pictures. You need to go to a Samsung store to get it fixed. Or at least they can verify the fault in the shop and send it to Samsung for repairs themselves. You usually have to book an appointment online with the store first. I've had exceptional service from the Manchester store at the Trafford Centre. Yes it might be a pain to get there but you can make a day of it and go on the beer!
You should always have a cheap backup phone for emergencies in situations like that. I keep my A53 as backup to my S23U.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Pixels yea but iphones no they are anything but stable these days, I'm a long term iphone user and I made the switch to Sammy so far so good.
0 Likes
fookingidiots
First Poster
Options
What kind of ***** has released latest updates?!
0 Likes
GREG-88
First Poster
Options
Hey my kids been playing on my phone and now when I write messages or write at all every letter is narated by a womans voice and its driving me mad
0 Likes