Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to blacklist or block a stolen phone ??

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 05:02 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
A question for the forumers.   

A friend of mine recently had a phone stolen when abroad on holiday... and when they returned home wondered how they can blacklist or block the phone ? 

Has anyone been through this process? With a record of the IMEI number then I am sure it is possible to effectively block the handset from being used again... but personally I am not sure what the steps would be... 

Who would you need to contact.. samsung service with the phone IMEI number ? Your carrier ? How about if you have a 'sim only' contract and the phone was bought directly from Samsung? 

It would certainly be good practice to understand this process and have a record of IMEI somewhere ! 

Thanks
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @smiley. Sorry to hear your friends phone was stolen. It would be best to contact the network provider to get the phone blocked. If your friend has a Samsung account linked with the phone still and it has an internet connection, this link may help locate the phone. 

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for the quick reply @CarlH.

Their phone is not a Samsung phone and is a Google pixel 7 Pro.

Actually based upon your response and a quick Google search I have just realised that you can use the link www.google.com/android/find and after logging into a Google account ... it is possible to effectively block the phone or erase the phone remotely.

I never realised this existed ! I have just 'found my phone' through Google of my own Samsung handset and can see these recovery and security options.

Of course with samsungs smartthingsfind.samsung.com it is also possible through here.

Thanks.
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
keith30
Maestro
Options
The first thing is tell your network provider as they should have all your information about the device.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@smiley 

First point of contact is the Network Provider. 

As long as the phone has been used on their Network then the phone's imei will show and let them blacklist the phone.

They'll also bar the sim card to stop unauthorised usage.

The account holder may then need to re contact their network when the new sim arrives to have the bar lifted.

If claiming through insurance you'll most probably need a crime number from the police.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Pachai
First Poster
Options

My phone Samsung S23 ultra got stolen at Athens-Greece 3 days ago. Not sure how to blacklist my cell

0 Likes