Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S23 Ultra 512GB bulk file transfer via UBS fails randomly

(Topic created on: 27-05-2023 03:54 PM)
andrea Molinari
First Poster
Options

Dear All

hope you will be able to help me, otherwise I've spent so much money for a beautiful but useless phone. I bought S23Ultra with 512GB because I need disk space: file, video, picture etc, and these damned new phones have no possibilities of ext sd card. When I try to transfer my files from my Win10 to the S23, after a random time (1 min, 1 sec, 5 secs, it's completely unpredictable) the transfer interrupts with no error messages, like it finished, so you don't even know where the trasfer has been corrupted.

I had a S10+ before, never such a problem. Anybody can help me or ever experienced this horrible problem? Due to this, I can not use the phone for what I bought, a personal portable memory.

Best

AM

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What is the total size of files you are trying to transfer?
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It might be the size of the files you are trying to upload all at once. Have you tried to upload them one or couple at a time.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If your doing it via a pc it might be worth ensuring the lock screen isn't activating part way through the transfer as this usually disconnects the phone from the pc, if this is the reason you can set your phone to wait longer before locking the screen or touch the screen at intervals during the transfer to stop it locking. Just a thought, hope this helps
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Edit it doesn't disconnect the phone it blocks access to files on the phone whilst the screen is locked. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Addy007
First Poster
Options

How to deal with the same Good Sir?

0 Likes
Dosblade
Apprentice
Options

You know this is not new. My 22 ultra did the same thing. I have right now a 1.6 gig mp4 and I can't copy it. It just stops every time.  Not the cable. So my 23 U does the same exact thing. Plug a Micorsd chip right next to the USBC and it will copy all. HAHA what a joke

0 Likes