Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Snapdragon Chipset justify the upgrade

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 07:59 AM)
Kersey
Pioneer
Options
Hi all, I'm on the fence whether the upgrade my S22 Ultra (Exynos) to the S23 Ultra. It'll cost me £500+ with trade in and the main advantage for me would be the improved battery and screen time.

Do any previous users of an S22 Exynos Ultra think it's worth the upgrade price just for the improved Chipset performance. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
A yes from me! My s22 ultra was so sluggish from the get go, this S23 Ultra is immediately more snappy and just feels better to use.
T457
Pioneer
Options
Yes battery life is much better and no heating issues, overall improved experience compared to last year
Tina2009
Navigator
Options
A definite yes from me. Far better than S22 ultra which I had
Haych_
Navigator
Options
Agree on this, one thing that's kind of a let down is the camera on apps like Snapchat/ WhatsApp - looks like I'm calling from a potato, the quality reduces so much
0 Likes
panos13
Explorer
Options
If you ask me wait for the S24. 500$ cost to change mobile every year I thinkbit is too much.
0 Likes
Kersey
Pioneer
Options
Thanks all, I've pushed the button, I really hope that I won't feel let down as I was with the S22U as this phone will need to last me many years and hope Samsung haven't dropped the ball as they did with the S22U
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In my experience, the S22 Ultra was a let down compared to the S21 Ultra in terms of battery life. The S23 Ultra has definitely redeemed itself in that department and now performs around the same as the S21 Ultra battery life wise.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I never had the s22 ultra I had the s21ultra with excellent battery & I can honestly say it was definitely worth the upgrade, 11 & a half hours standby loosing only 3% of battery & all this is without using dark mode.Screenshot_20230210_130041_Device care.jpg