Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Do not disturb not working as intended

(Topic created on: 05-11-2023 10:41 PM)
SxM--
Explorer
Options
I've been having this issue for some time now and I've been unable to fix it. Essentially I have set my exceptions for my dnd where it's supposed to block notifications (no alerts + no pop ups) for certain apps for instance, Snapchat and Instagram messages should be blocked when dnd is turned on. 

However, the dnd process doesn't do this. I'm just generally using my phone with dnd turned on and I still receive messages/pop ups from s Snapchat and Instagram. I contacted Samsung support regarding this and they gave me an option to factory reset my phone or reset settings which I have both done. Resetting my settings seemed to fix it for a bit till the problem became redundant again.

Now that this problem persists, I cannot seem to find a solution. This can be really annoying whenever I'm sleeping and set my phone to vibrate and dnd turned on. I'm only supposed to get notifications from the apps that I have allowed and blocked from the others but yet again, it doesn't do so. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SxM--
Explorer
Options
I have found the solution, it was an error from the user end. Simply in the do not disturb settings, under calls and messages, make sure messages are set to your preference other than 'All'.

This was the issue caused by getting pops up from apps that I didn't want.

You can then set your app preferences and 'hide notifications' settings to your liking.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try creating a routine, using modes and routines, that turns on dnd when a notification arrives for WhatsApp and/or any other app

SxM--
Explorer
Options
The thing is, I don't set no automatic schedule for any modes or routines. I manually press on dnd to be turned on. But i'll give your option a try.
0 Likes
7moody
Student
Options

I've been having the same exact issue and resetting the settings only fixes it for a bit I hope Samsung fixes this.

Solution
SxM--
Explorer
Options
I have found the solution, it was an error from the user end. Simply in the do not disturb settings, under calls and messages, make sure messages are set to your preference other than 'All'.

This was the issue caused by getting pops up from apps that I didn't want.

You can then set your app preferences and 'hide notifications' settings to your liking.

Hope this helps.
7moody
Student
Options

Omg I can't believe that was the solution the whole time, thanks for the help!

Doncody1
First Poster
Options

I do not see any setting for do not disturb I can set the number of hours and that is it 

0 Likes
DaPrince
Student
Options

This literally does not work, all of my stuff been already set to none. All I use my tablet for is watching movies when I lay in bed for the night before I go to sleep, it's annoying I get every notification 

0 Likes
DaPrince
Student
Options

I just went to hide pop-ups, we'll see, thanks for the advice if I'm not back on here

0 Likes
Jackson cage
First Poster
Options

No it doesn't. Mine us already set this way and I still get notifications at 445am everyday when dnd sleep is set for 10pm to 6am

0 Likes