Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below 10% battery dies rapidly

(Topic created on: 06-05-2023 07:39 PM)
ariasher
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone,
I have S23 (Base model) Indian variant which is my daily driver. The problem is - whenever the battery drops to 10%, it starts draining drastically. It goes from 10% to 5% in just 5-8 minutes and the last 5% in less than 3 minutes.

I use two sim cards (both 5g enabled) and charge my battery to only 85%. On a typical day, my device gives me around 3.5 to 4hrs SoT (85% to 12%) which is enough for me. But during a pinch, when I can't charge it and it drops to 10%, my phone dies within a few minutes, and that is frustrating. I have tried using battery saver mode when it reaches 10% but it didn't help much.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Two sims will drain you phone faster, do you turn power saving on when you hit 10%?
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have heard that the last 10% drains quite quick. I wouldn't know as I don't let my phone drain below 15%. Not good for battery health. Only thing I can think of is maybe having a power bank handy to charge when your not near a power source.
ariasher
Apprentice
Options

I have tried turning on power saving mode at 10% as well as at 20%. The result is always the same. Whenever it hits 10% even if it is on power saving mode (activated at 20%), it still drains quickly.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @ariasher. I appreciate you taking the time to post this. In addition to what has already been suggested, I'd recommend having a look at the guide below (as it contains some very helpful steps to improve your battery life and identify any apps or processes that might be contributing to battery drain):

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-the-battery-of-my-new-phone-seems-to...

In addition to this, even though it relates to one of our older smartphone models, the thread below contains some useful steps if you still can't get to the bottom of the sudden battery drain:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/battery-drops-from-10-to-0-in-a-minute/td-p/37...

Please let me know how you get on with these steps.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ariasher  In the Power saving options have you enabled  limit CPU speed to 70%,decrease Brightness by 10% and turn off 5g? There is an additional setting to  limit Apps and Home screen.  However I think it is best not to let Battery level drop below 15% if possible (power bank is a good idea).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

keith30
Maestro
Options
That's right, it's always best to recharge your device by the time it reaching 20-15% as it's quite quickly after that.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ariasher 

Having a 5G connection does drain the phone quicker and could double that as both are on 5G.

Personally if my phone hit that % I'd go into Settings and connections and revert to 4G.

I would also recommend not to let your phone go below 10%.

Consider carrying round a portable powerbank or consider using a phone case that has magsafe capabilities to attach a powerbank or use a case with built in Battery.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Don't use phone bellow 15% unless in emergency, as it destroying your battery. I guess get powerbank from Samsung
ariasher
Apprentice
Options

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will try not to let my battery go below 15% and have a power bank by me.

I am just curious why the last 10% doesn't last for some time. I have used other brand mobiles and never faced this kind of issue before.

Is this a Samsung-only thing, or maybe my battery is faulty?

0 Likes