Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips from those who use Pro camera?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
_Lee_
Explorer
Options
Any tips on order of adjustment?

Watched a bunch of videos and understand the basics of how it should work, ISO, shutter, metering etc. But even if I leave them at auto and the EV settles at 0.00, it is WAY too dark, I don't get it. 

Perhaps it's a particular shot I'm trying to take. My garden is early evening but still fully bright (UK time). Yet the sky is overly bright where it doesn't pick up the clouds, and my garden is a complete contrast in very low light. No matter what I try one is over done.

Currently I set the ISO to the lowest I can get (50, although on auto I've seen it drop to 12 🤷‍♂️), then I adjust the shutter until I get detail (in this case clouds in the background), then re adjust the ISO to bring the exposure of the rest of the pictue into play but not so much it then blows out the sky. I've tried the other way round but this seems to be a little better, especially avoiding bringing too much noise in with a higher ISO. What am I doing wrong???

7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try the expert raw app. It's got an nd filter option.
_Lee_
Explorer
Options
Hi. Yeh I've tried that too in Expert and still no joy. I'll keep trying it.

As far as adjustments go, am I on the right track do you know?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why don't you just shoot with the normal camera. Tap and hold the screen to get the exposure ring and may be under expose a bit.

The phone takes great hdr photos as is.
0 Likes
_Lee_
Explorer
Options
Furthermore, if I point and click in normal mode, everything's great. It doesn't present the same issues, but it's the RAW file I want for editing.

It is shown taken at ISO 12 and Shutter Speed 1/100, of which I can't personally adjust to in Pro/Expert, so I'm confused why that is.
0 Likes
_Lee_
Explorer
Options
It does I agree. It's the RAW file I want for post editing. Which is one of the purposes of shooting in Pro and Expert.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Fair enough.

So the beauty of RAW is you don't really have to get the exposure on point as long as you don't clip your highlights you can sort it out in post production
_Lee_
Explorer
Options
Ok. Is that a regular 'issue', as intention sometimes? I'm not sure what I said makes any sense whatsoever lol sorry.

However, the past couple shots have been perfect in Expert. Maybe too much glare from the Sun creeping as it was facing me from a 45 degree angle and not from behind me. I'm guessing they might be a reason. I'll he the hang of it eventually! Thank you for your help and suggestions. I had a mess around with the ND after you advise and getting the jist of that, although a little vignetting came as a side effect.