Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi repeatedly switching off and trying to reconnect.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
Have tried ALL the recommended troubleshooting suggestions (except factory reset) and it's still happening. WIFI switches off then tries to reconnect every 2 seconds.

Does anyone have a good solution?

Have:

• reset phone
  • reset router
  • gone through the wifi/advanced and switch everything off
  • uninstalled the last app that did an update (only 2 apps updated in the last day)
  • checked wifi control history - only two apps have access to switch wifi on/off 
  • reset network settings
Is there a bug or recent update which has caused this?

16 REPLIES 16
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
I can understand this but replacing the motherboard will do nothing i only having problem with wifi and Bluetooth switching off repeatedly when installing something it turns off, thus so wrong so i did factory reset and everything. Now the wifi stays on but switches off and takes time to turn on and i get frustrated well lucky enough its working but don't know when it gonna say bye again gotta wait for the new software security patch.
Straight6Petrol
Explorer
Options
Couldn't agree more, replacing motherboards is a nuclear option which just gets the phone off the repair pile. Surely its in Samsung interest to sort their rubbish software out and avoid footing these pointless repair bills. Glad you phone is limping along but for the price of these devices it's just not good enough
0 Likes
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
Can't lie i already got note 20 ultra in my drawer for years now cause i was using it and someone called me out i put it my pocket to note down the number when i got it out phone was dead can hear the sound but not the screen showing for these bills i never took it out to get it fixed. Well Its caused by software and even i read someone post saying he sent his phone for 3 times to Samsung they even changed the motherboard but still didn't work out so they replaced it with a new one.
0 Likes
Straight6Petrol
Explorer
Options
Absolutely shocking from Samsung here, just bricking phones and not a care in the world. I suppose its easy to keep updating your whole lineup when all it does it wipes out everyone's phone and drives them to buy a new one! I can't stand apple but the iPhone has unmatched software updates. Ever more tempting!!!
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
100% I agree with ya statement, I got iphone 7 and I won't lie I love both for some reasons as you can see this phone saving my life today can't go buy a new phone cause thus pricy out there😩20240502_195605_1000007617_1714676166.jpg
Straight6Petrol
Explorer
Options
That's a trupper of a phone still going strong I take it? It's a real shame as Samsung make nice phones, just let down by bloated buggy software
0 Likes
Straight6Petrol
Explorer
Options
Yeah I feel you! But you shouldn't have to buy a new device that's perfectly fine in terms of hardware because its software is full of critical bugs. The S22U is still in Samsung software support cycle so they should honor that promise and sort the thing! We shouldn't have to ever deal with this nonsense let alone wait and hope for fixes
0 Likes