Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drops and phone restarts continuously

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 11:48 PM)
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi

My s22 ultra keeps restarting whenever the WiFi is on. I have spoken to my network provider who have advised that this a software issue and to let Samsung know too. 

Every time the phone restarts, I go to the Samsung members app and the first message that pops up tells me that my phone incorrectly restarted and that a log will be sent to Samsung.

I hope a fix is made available as I'm only using my data at the moment for the internet and cannot use WiFi.
82 REPLIES 82
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

can't reflash an old firmware as the number is different.... the latest SW is 8 and the one before that  was 7 ..you can do an 8 back to an 8 but not a 7....or so I am led to believe.....

0 Likes
posetilac
Explorer
Options

I hope the new Android 6.1 which was announce to come to series 22 in early May will fix the issue.

0 Likes
EnginTR
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
DragonWarrior
Student
Options

I started having this issue last night after updating to the latest firmware. I reset network settings, rebooted the phone, left it completely off for a good amount of time all to no avail. Switching WIFI on crashes the phone and in the rare occasions I can get it to connect, it will only stay connected for less than a minute before crashing again.

I pre-ordered this back in February 2022 so I guess I am out of luck right? Does anybody know how much the repair costs?

0 Likes
Jimbo8484
First Poster
Options
I updated to 6.1 and since then it has started having these issues. It's ridiculous! It is a software issue surely? Or that's caused by the software. I am out of warranty and can't afford a repair. It was working fine until I did the update and as soon as it finished the update I have had to keep wifi off
0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

have just picked up my phone from the repair shop... cost me £130 , I have stressed the device to the max with downloading UI 6.1 , all Google play and Samsung apps  and charging the device all at the same time.... all seems to be working fine at the moment.... repair shop tech said that there was a problem with something on the motherboard and the part was replaced, he also said that he had another S22 Ultra brought in to the shop last week with the exact same problem..... makes me wonder if the problem is indicative to the year of manufacture????? I'll discover when my device was made...

0 Likes
EnginTR
Apprentice
Options

is it possible for you to learn what component they replaced on the motherboard? BS that all of us having the same problem yet samsung takes no action to replace/repair our phones that they messed up with their very own firmware.

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

I did press the guy at the repair shop as to what was causing the problem and what was replaced....he wasn't forthcoming....sorry to say I am in the dark as much as anyone else, on the plus side the phone is still working fine with no previous issues, only downside is that I have to take the phone back to the shop as something is loose internally... think it could be the vibromotor.......

0 Likes
EnginTR
Apprentice
Options

If you are referring to a kind of rattling sound when you shake the phone it's the camera optical image stabilizer gyro. Its normal 

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

cheers for that...... update:   phone started the boot loop process lass than 24 hours later......going back to the shop tomorrow.....

0 Likes