Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drops and phone restarts continuously

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 11:48 PM)
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi

My s22 ultra keeps restarting whenever the WiFi is on. I have spoken to my network provider who have advised that this a software issue and to let Samsung know too. 

Every time the phone restarts, I go to the Samsung members app and the first message that pops up tells me that my phone incorrectly restarted and that a log will be sent to Samsung.

I hope a fix is made available as I'm only using my data at the moment for the internet and cannot use WiFi.
76 REPLIES 76
JustMarky
Navigator
Options
Wow. That sucks they wouldn't fix it. I remember them inspecting my phone for damage and taking photos of it tbf, only has light cosmetic scratches..

The factory reset worked for a short time then I believe became an issue again not long after.

Have you got any insurance you could claim on? Sorry to hear the outcome has not been as we hoped for 😔

Did they tell you how much it might cost?
0 Likes
jizzle
Explorer
Options

I didnt ask how much a fix would be, was too deflated to even think to ask lol. My damage seemed pretty light to be fair, but obviously it wasn't light enough to pass through for a repair. I haven't factory reset the phone yet as it seems like people have said that hasn't worked, seems like ill be stuck using my phone with wifi switched off for the time being before i figure out what to do next. Shame it wasn't the outcome I wanted but he ho i guess! 

Thanks for all your input on the matter JustMarky! Appreciate it! 

0 Likes
jizzle
Explorer
Options

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on my phone issue. I still haven't done a factory reset because I really don't want to go down that route. Unfortunately, my phone hasn't improved, and I wasn't able to get it repaired under warranty. However, while trying everything to resolve this issue, I think I may have had a breakthrough.

I am with Virgin Broadband, and when I checked the router settings, I noticed that my S22 Ultra was connecting via 5GHz only. So, I disabled 5GHz on the dual band settings altogether, and now I am only connecting to the router on 2.4GHz. So far, things are looking good. It's been over 10 hours, and my phone hasn't restarted yet. It's not ideal, but it's definitely better than dealing with random dropouts and restarts every other moment of the day!

Hopefully its all good from here, if i don't update back on here that means that this has fixed my issue! 

Thanks

Jizzle

Shammy786
First Poster
Options
Mines started doing this same thing for the past few days. Realised when i was in rural areas or on the motorway it wouldn't reboot but the moment WiFi signals would come in range it would. Turned WiFi off for a few days and not a single reboot. Turned it back on and the split second it connected to my home wifi it rebooted😂🤷
Al Skop
Student
Options

I think we need to start chipping in our configurations to see if there's a common thread. Are you running a custom launcher (Nova here)? More than one Google account (I have personal and work)? Mine seems to only do it while at rest, it's never done it while actively using the phone, leading me to believe it's tied to some background/backup process. Thoughts?

0 Likes
Oldbutgood
First Poster
Options
I've just started to get this issue. A42 5G kept restarting yesterday. Went through loads of hard restarts. Problem goes away with WiFi turned off. Reading through these forums makes me realise this is a wider issue, not my phone.
0 Likes
AndyWUK72
First Poster
Options

I have started getting this today. Updated my software on the 21st March. My Network provider told me how to reset something or other and as soon as I connect to Wifi it restarts several times. This is so annoying and is munching my data, so is going to cost me.

Surely its a software issue from Samsung? We can't all be having the same background issue with the same app?

I was told to take my phone to a Samsung shop? Which is ridiculous as I don't have one near me.

Will keep checking to see if a fix appears!!

Dejan
Journeyman
Options

This is what is happening to my phone: https://youtu.be/osjjhM17guw

0 Likes
posetilac
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys, I can only confirm to have the same issue on my S22 ultra as of 15.04.2024. (S908B/DS, software version EUX, baseband 8). Tried everything and at the end did factory reset. The phone did not restart for almost 24h and just when I thought reset solved the issue and wanted to restore the data, the boot loop started again on a completely clean phone

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

My S22 began randomly restarting a few days ago.....been a PITA to be honest....phone has been great up to that point...have tried everything that I have read up on the web, alas, all to no avail...I wasted about an hour of my adult life with Samsung online tech live chat....he wanted me to jump through the same hoops I had been jumping through for days, so I said "NO!" there is nowt else I can do....have the handset booked in to the EE Glasgow,Buchanan street shop on Wednesday.....over a 5 hour round trip!.....ah well wife gets a day out shopping I suppose... 🙂 , gutted that the phone warranty expired in February 2024 ...hate to guess at what it's gonna cost, have noticed that after I did a factory reset or kept the handset in safe mode all was well... soon as I start to import my backup then the handset throws a wobbly....and keeps turning the wifi/BT off and on and also throws the handset in to a continuous boot loop......

0 Likes