Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp fail

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 05:27 PM)
DaisyMolly
Student
Options
Hi, received my s22 ultra today. Smartswitched from my old Samsung. Opened WhatsApp & realised I hadn't backed up my chat. Abandoned the app on s22 & backed up chat on old phone. When I open the app on the s22 it initialises for some time then says unable to connect. I have uninstall. Installed again & restarted phone to no avail. Any advice please? TIA
7 REPLIES 7
hash1981
Pioneer
Options
I think you should have uninstalled the app on the s22 before backing up from old phone as it can cause issues, have a search through Google to see if a solution has been found
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The way I did it ,was backup WhatsApp on old phone and make sure uploaded,then switched sim to new phone,open if failed restore previously, uninstall and reinstall

Open WhatsApp and it should ask you your mobile number,and then prompt asking if you want to restore,select yes and it should find backup,check time and date is when you backed up msg, then select yes

It should restore your msg
DaisyMolly
Student
Options
Thanks guys. I did get it to install eventually but had lost history & nearly all my chats. The ones that where there had no names & I could not get them to save. After an hour or so the names appeared so I live in hope lol.
GSOOZE
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem that DaisyMolly posted. I just want WhatsApp to work on my new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra- I can't sign into it.  (I don't care about backing up my old WhatsApp texts and photos). I installed and uninstalled the app 3 times. It won't let me upload my photo and after I type in my name, the screen has "Initializing. Please wait a moment." A dialogue box eventually pops up that has "Unable to connect. Please try again later." When I click on Check Status, I see "WhatsApp service is operating normally." Any ideas how I can get this app to work?  Thanks.

Karina80
Student
Options

Hi, did you find a solution? I'm going through the same thing 😪 

0 Likes
Karina80
Student
Options

Hi, can I please ask you how did you manage to??? I'm stuck at the loading part and then it gets stuck again by saying try again later 

0 Likes
GSOOZE
Student
Options

I continued to uninstall and install. Nothing changed. Then I waited a few days and tried- and it worked. I don't know why- I didn't do anything differently from before. I did lose all of my previous messages/photos/videos. I have no idea how to retrieve those- but at least the app is now working. maybe it was a bug on their end?

0 Likes