Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What is causing these spots on the back? Heat from wireless charging?

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 08:48 AM)
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options

They look like heat spots from wireless charging, it's always been in a case, and they are not indentations, you can't feel them with the finger or going over them with a wooden toothpick, they are happening under the glass.

I spoke to Samsung, who looked at the pictures and then kept stressing that if it's damaged then it's rechargeable, worried they might stick me!1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg,

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Andy3
Voyager
Options
That is dust from a case its not caused by wireless charging
0 Likes
(1)
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options

Its not dust, it cant be wiped off, and dust wouldn't cause the paint to come off, its only dust!

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
In that case it's a chip caused when you have put it down (dropped it hard) as you put it down..something sharp when you put it down..wireless charging does not cause this. That mark is not even anywhere near the coils
0 Likes
(1)
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options

Nope, the spots have kept appearing over time, its never been put down when not in a case, also, like i said, the spots cannot be felt with a finger or with a wooden toothpick, their under the glass.

0 Likes
Solution
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
UPDATE; this got fixed by Samsung under warrant! Whoop whoop, if was a very smooth transaction, Samsung were brilliant, and I also got follow up calls to make sure everything was okay, really happy with the service and with Samsung
0 Likes
Jcze
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my s23 🙄

0 Likes
Vishnu123
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue. Wat can i do?

0 Likes
S23UltraforLyf
First Poster
Options

Hey! Can you tell me how you got it solved? The area I live, neither the Service center guys or Call support understand what I'm talking about. They deny that it would be covered under warranty.  Please help me out

0 Likes