Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using S22 abroad

(Topic created on: 21-10-2023 12:16 PM)
Deedee1959
Apprentice
Options
What is the cheapest way to use this phone abroad. I need phone and messages and can just use the hotel for WiFi. BT have a £6 per day package for 500MB data but do not mention if this includes phone calls and messages. Also is it possible to buy a SIM in the US and insert this into my existing phone as it has a 2 slot sim. Don't even understand why there is room foe 2 sims? Thanks for any help.....
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, If you are visiting the US, a SIM from Visible is a good option. Normal cost is $25, but with the code, you get it for $5. This is monthly cancellable. Make sure that you cancel the subscription before you leave the US.

One example (you can find many such codes on the Visible community) -

https://community.visible.com/t5/Savings-Spot/Visible-Promo-20-off-your-first-month-Use-code-3MMBN8J...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
WhatsApp is the best option for calls and messages. I think most networks allow you to use your phone abroad with no additional charges. I'm with 02 and get 25GB worth of data to use overseas with no extra cost which is more than enough for anyone.
Deedee1959
Apprentice
Options
Thanks
Deedee1959
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I thought WhatsApp could be best option. Only way for me to do it through BT is £6 per day. I've just checked the SIM option and this could work too if I can buy one cheaply enough when I get to the States.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Having your phone on roaming will allow you to recieve call from home and won't cost you a penny but data and outgoing phone calls will

Some companies have USA included in their plan, so can recieve, make calls abroad and back home included I am on Vodafone and have it in my plan, it's also 25gb data per month included