Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock screen issue

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 03:18 PM)
SmilerFTM
First Poster
Options
Taking my phone out of my pocket the screen tells me I have to wait x amount of seconds to unlock it, sometimes it has even gone as far as telling me I have to wait 11 minutes before I can try to unlock the screen. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Phone is the S22 Ultra.....
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Could be " accidental " touches on the screen whilst it is in your pocket trying to turn phone on ( if you try more than so many times to wake the phone without correct pin or fingerprint the phone applies an increasing waiting time before you can try again)
Could try going to Settings - Display - Accidental touch protection and toggle that on ( should prevent accidental touching when phone in a dark place eg pocket ) - may find that helps
0 Likes
SmilerFTM
First Poster
Options
Got that turned on and even when I have the phone facing away from my leg and my hands not in my pocket it keeps doing it
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SmilerFTM: Although I understand that you have turned accidental touch protection on, it is still worth exploring this as a potential cause. For instance, does the issue occur when the phone hasn't been in your pocket? If not, you may wish to head to Settings > Lock screen > Screen lock type, and change your current option to see if you notice an improvement, and try enabling Always On Display to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
joneee
First Poster
Options
Can't knock mobile phone off
0 Likes
lynn55
First Poster
Options
My new fone only had finger unlock now it's asking for password o don't have on galaxy s22
0 Likes
RyderSk
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue. It happened few times since i bought the s22 ultra, but i had to wait only for few minutes, but today a have to wait for 2 hours to unlock my phone!!! I had a Note20 ultra before, im wearing the same shorts (work) as before, with Note20 ultra it never happend to me and with s22 ultra few times per week. I have accidental touch protection turned on, no screen protector. Unlocking method is fingerprint and face unlock, backup methot is PIN and a have AOD turned on. The phone has even called emergency number from my pocket few times. 

Members_h0tvqby
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same position, but got locked out for 4 hours yesterday. This have never happened with any other phone. If it can't work out that it is in your pocket properly then it would be incredibly helpful if it insisted on you pressing the power button before accepting another password attempt 

0 Likes