Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected stutters and lag

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 10:16 PM)
HassanRafique
First Poster
Options
Just wondering if anyone else out there is noticing any unexpected lag/stutters. I have an s22 plus and find that it very often lags on basic tasks such as opening and exiting out of applications such as gallery, snapchat, camera, phone dialer, etc. I have tried clearing all app caches, closing all apps from the background but it still hasn't made a difference. The camera app is also noticeably slower and stutters far more than my previous note 20 ultra, especially when recording videos. This is further worsened in snapchat which I find very disappointing as my previous phone (note 20 ultra) ran much smoother. Does anyone know any causes or how to fix this? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
TimmyD23
Explorer
Options

S22 ultra here, I have the same issue, tried everything, thinking it's a software issue, hoping the new iu5 coming soon helps, the lag on scrolling web pages drives me mad...we have 120hz but never see it cus the scrolling is so jumpy 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @HassanRafique 

The only issue I have is scrolling in the Twitter app when the phone is on adaptive motion smoothness.

It's not a deal breaker but is noticeable. 

Everything else is seamless and smooth.

A couple of generic troubleshooting guides I offer on the forum which do help some owners are....

If these don't help and a last resort of backing up and factory reset [ dont use Smartswitch to reset back up ] does not help then do send feedback and any relevant error reports via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Factory reset this fixes 99% of issues
0 Likes
GlenCoco1985
Apprentice
Options

While this is true I've just done one I tend to do it monthly as consider myself a power user and install all kinds of ***** and it makes very little to no difference and we shouldn't have to be doing that on a almost 1800 Australian dollar phone that's brand new and about 5 firmware updates deep. Disgraceful and basically useless to try and quickly capture a moment in time because it's over by the time the camera quick launches or snapchat opens settles and starts recording or taking a photo. They bragged about the stock camera api integration with social media apps on this phone and indeed you can use the different focal point lenses and optical zoom on snapchat but fat lot of good it is when it's so buggy anyway. These phones are trash I wish I'd stayed on my note 20 ultra 5g or my  s20 ultra 5g had pretty much better evrything anyway, display, battery no lag, native video calls and an sd card etc I could name more things if I still had them to compare. Only thing I like about this phone is the flat screen legit the only thing I like at all 🤣🤣

0 Likes
Jackyjc88885
First Poster
Options

I got this issue. I had the phone for about 6mo already. It came up last month-ish. When u record a video it will get laggy lime this video. When I noticed it during recording, I would stop and restart my recording. The would fix the issue most of the time. If don't catch it the entire video will be laggy and u won't be able to use it just because it so horrible quality. 

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Your device may feel slightly sluggish after a firmware update, as there may be enhancements of existing features or additional new features. It could also be to an unsuccessful firmware update where you have lost internet connection whilst in the process of updating the firmware on your device.

Regards,

0 Likes
Emil Nielsen
First Poster
Options

I had this issue since i got my SG22U and I read a post blaming smart switch for the bad performance if you transfered your data from an old device.

I factory reset my phone and while it stutters ocasionally its maybe 10% of what it has been before.

0 Likes
ryebanana
Student
Options
Returned my S22 Plus. It's unacceptable for a flagship. Recording in 4k 30fps was useless as it kept missing frames.
0 Likes