Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S22 stutters / lags when scrolling

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 08:56 PM)
RH10
Apprentice
Options
Hi. My brand new S22 is jerky when scrolling through Facebook, websites and anything really. It feels clunky. Just installed all the latest updates in UK. Any idea what I need to do? I changed smoothness factor to standard instead of adaptive bit it didn't help. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Hi,

is this happening online only(Facebook, Instagram, Web) or also in the menu?

Have you tried to restart the phone? 

Also try and optimize your phone using the steps in the video attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zFRtNc5Nfg

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
0 Likes
RH10
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your quick reply. It is online only. The menus seem to scroll OK. I've set it to optomise itself when needed. My menu was a bit different to the vid. It didn't have a section to set the time to optimise. I've restarted the phone a few times.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Have you performed partition cache wipe?,you should do this after every software update as it helps with performance.
Also galaxy apps booster.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Also keep it on adaptive smoothness
0 Likes
RH10
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Did this this morning when I had access to a laptop. It seems less jerky. I just can't get used to how the s10+ used to scroll really smoothly and fast, this one feels sluggish.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
You can always go into developer options and change animations Screenshot_20221029_114858_Settings_1000000505_1667040538.jpg
0 Likes
luk11
First Poster
Options
Hi Same here . Did you manage to solve the issue, thinking of returning the phone
RH10
Apprentice
Options
No. I think I have just got used to it. Really not impressed with the S22 compared to my S10+
0 Likes