Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible battery drain after android 13 and UI 5.0

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 11:18 AM)
sewlac
Journeyman
Options

I bought my S22 in May this year, as I bought the flagship model I would expect premium quality. I don't want to comment here about hanging camera, and other problems. the phone in general doesn't work smoothly, one update was quite ok (I said quite ok, but still it is not something that satisfies me when I buy the flagship model). However, what you guys did with the last update to android 13 and UI 5.0 is one big disaster. I charge my phone and 6h later the phone is dead! Previously, it survived around 12h. Now it is two times less, and you are posting such a silly comment about checking the "battery device and care"? Really, are you serious? Tell us when can we expect the next software update.

Galaxy S22 

23 REPLIES 23
Drpeppers
Journeyman
Options

Yes I used the One ui - Optimization thread on XDA to get a great battery now without turning everything off.

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

To anyone who has a Verizon model, and possibly others... You just need to disable Verizon App manager, and Samsung Visit In. Also really any other app you don't use for good measure... Either way this fixed the battery drain for both my S22 Ultra, my wife's, my mom's, and everyone I tell to do that

My battery used to die at about 4-6 hours (even with screen off being a good majority), after those changes I've hit 14 hours on 1 charge and still have 22% left and an estimated 4 hours too. Granted this is with 5 hours on screen and 8 hours off screen, but still a dramatic improvement 

0 Likes
AshtonEbke13
First Poster
Options

I am hoping after  i update I will be fixed :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Members_ipkoi8G
Journeyman
Options

Last week an update of "Private Compute Services" was installed. That seems to have restored the battery life to the level before the Android update.

0 Likes