Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden character limit from nav bar on 5.1

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 02:41 PM)
idUnknown
First Poster
Options
Anyone else suddenly limited on characters when replying straight from nav bar? ... WhatsApp i could reply with as much as i wanted to.

Since 5.1 update im now limited to as if its a sms. Dont really know why the sudden limitation when its not a text message 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @idUnknown. Can you provide some examples of this for us to look at please? Are you using the Google SMS or Samsung one? 

0 Likes
idUnknown
First Poster
Options
Hi

Its neither of those as its just WhatsApp. So when i get a message i can reply directly from the navigation bar without going into the WhatsApp application.

Before the update i could respond with as many characters /emojis without any limitation. Since the update this is now limited as if it was a sms message (not using sms) ... the screenshot show the error that appears (as i swiped to screenshot it wiped the WhatsApp message off the screen but this is the message i get everytime i hit the character limit)Screenshot_20230222_003856_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
idUnknown
First Poster
Options
Managed to get an image showing what i mean. So this is a WhatsApp message i was replying to via nav bar & it now suddenly hits a limitScreenshot_20230222_142630_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for this. Can you use the Nav bar to reply using another app to see if there are restrictions on that too? 

0 Likes
idUnknown
First Poster
Options
Just tested with Facebook messenger & yeah same issue. Not sure if mistake change or deliberate. If deliberate no idea why someone thought it needed to be changed Screenshot_20230222_145904_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes