Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell check on S22 is missing

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 07:54 AM)
Smile25
Explorer
Options

I hate that the function to spell check has disappeared on the S22 plus. Does anybody know how I can get this back? Predictive text is very annoying. Do I have to revert  back to using my S8?!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you considered another keyboard such as SwiftKey or gBoard which may hold the functions you need.

Also in the interim you can send feedback via the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

Unfortunately on this forum a spell check option isn't available either @Smile25 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
efx
Pathfinder
Options
I believe it is there on the Samsung keyboard under keyboard settings, third party apps. Grammarly is now used instead.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@efx 

I don't think ' Grammarly ' is an add on available in the Samsung keyboard 'add on ' options.

I think it's a Keyboard app from the Playstore.

I did look at the reviews as some said it's slow and bugs out. Are you using this one yourself ?

Screenshot_20220409-072011_Google Play Store.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
efx
Pathfinder
Options
Apologies if I have misunderstood but I do have this option under third party apps. I have not installed the standalone version of grammarly from the play store. Could be wrong but I think it was introduced as an option on either 1UI 4 or 4.1. please see below..

https://youtu.be/hI3UbmQiVdI

Having said that, I think it boils down to personal preference which keyboard is used. They all seem to have something to offer.
I think your right that SwiftKey or Gboard may have what's required as they still have dictionaries that you can add to.

Hope this helps.👍
0 Likes