Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Battery

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 05:07 AM)
Shane98
Apprentice
Options
Hello,

Can I know that whether is it normal or not for battery to get down from 85% to 81% in 15 mins of usage? For usage, I was just using Samsung Internet and Aula education only. I was not using anything else either and as far as I am concerned I think it should not drain that much fast in those 15 mins. I was just using them for around 10 mins and the rest of the time was when I turned on my device. If this is an error please tell me so that I can go for servicing. I have also put lots of apps in deep sleep plus sometimes when I multitask, it lags.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In my own user experience my Samsung phone's battery does drop from 100% to around 80% pretty fast and then it stabilises @Shane98 

Some apps and functions on phone's can and will use more battery faster along with the background usage you don't see happening. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In my own user experience my Samsung phone's battery does drop from 100% to around 80% pretty fast and then it stabilises @Shane98 

Some apps and functions on phone's can and will use more battery faster along with the background usage you don't see happening. 

0 Likes
Shane98
Apprentice
Options
Oh well I charged my device only upto 85% to extend battery lifespan. I should find a way to shut down those apps that's consuming my battery. Thank you for the information
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I thought that when you mentioned 85% you were using the charging limitation settings @Shane98 

Personally I charge to 100% but the effect remains the same in my personal opinion i.e the quick % drop and then stabilisies.

Your phone has a sleeping apps and deep sleeping apps feature that allows you to put an app in either.

Sleep option allows some background usage when you use the app again.and the odd notification.

Deep sleep options stops all background and notifications.

You can close an app by shutting it down in your multi tasking.

Manage Sleeping apps to save battery life on your Galaxy device. 

You mY also be able to adjust the preference settings on an individual app in Settings > Apps > Choose App.

Orion6117
Explorer
Options
Education uses lots of power
0 Likes
gdn2509
Journeyman
Options
It's annoying because when I had apple my battery was way better than this s21 plus
0 Likes
MHussain97
Journeyman
Options
Hi I've got a s22 ultra. Is it true it takes a month before the battery gets better?? Samsung keep telling me to wait a month so that my phone recognises my usage. At the moment I can literally see my battery drop whilst even typing this lol. Any idea how I can stop it from draining. I don't even have apps running in background or anything.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In my own personal experience I found that my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra took around 2 weeks to go through the learning phase @MHussain97 

Run your phone from 100% to 15% using the phone as normal and then go into your device care, battery and then screenshot that whole page using the scroll capture to include all your apps

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

losing 1% for 4 to 5 min while in use sounds about right

0 Likes
MHussain97
Journeyman
Options
Hi, so my battery went from 100 to 0 with 5.2 hours of my using my phone. The circled part is when phone was not used from 1am to 7am but still lost 5%. Throughout the day I used phone here and there and calculated 312 minutes of usage. Not sure if that sounds good. Any ideas what's happening ?Screenshot_20220412-223336_Device care_33784_1649809567.jpg
0 Likes