Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Folder notification bug "must unlock your Secure Folder in order to get notifications" after August update

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 01:40 PM)
donm527
Apprentice
Options

I just installed the August update for my unlocked phone on AT&T. Now when i reboot my phone i will get a notification saying that you must unlock your Secure Folder in order to get notifications from apps inside your Secure Folder.

You cannot clear the notification and it will not go away till you unlock your Secure Folder.

More importantly, you really will not get any notifications from any apps in your Secure Folder unless you do unlock the Secure Folder after reboot. Once you unlock the folder you can go in and out of your phone after that and notifications will come through. But the next time you reboot your phone though you have to unlock your Secure Folder in order to get any future notifications.

Anyone else experiencing that bug? I feel that's kind of irritating that you're going to get a notification to unlock your Secure Folder every time you restart your phone and also the fact that you have to unlock your Secure Folder after restart to receive any future notifications from apps in your secured folder.

I tested this by doing about a half a dozen reboots and if you don't unlock your Secure Folder after a reboot you do not get any notifications. But once you unlock your Secure Folder all the notifications start appearing.

I have used Secure Folder since Note 8 and never did we have to do this after a reboot and I can't find any settings to enable/re-enable notifications from Secure Folder. Anyone else?

38 REPLIES 38
donm527
Apprentice
Options

Screen shot...

Screenshot_20220906-071458_One UI Home.jpg

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Yep, same here. Pretty sure it started with the release of the first August patch.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yes, I did after my software update last week, I just uninstalled the folder as I only had one video in it and have the original copy in Google photos. It been fine since I did that. The release differently has a bug in it some how.
Monsteradeliciosa
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I hate this phone so much that I will be moving over to Apple next year. Between the random heat issues, shitty camera and buggy software I'm sick and tired of Samsung phones. After Samsung galaxy S7 Edge my experience has been downhill. A 1300 euro phone that gives me zero pleasure and only headaches to use is starting to get to me really bad. I hate Samsung with all my heart now. 

Shhtteeve
First Poster
Options

There are so many issues with this, the last update gave me the same notification but I dont even have secure folder installed! cant get rid of it. spoke to someone on UK's samsungs support line and they couldnt do anything and told me to call back in 45hrs... conveniently the weekend when they probably werent working.

Edit: To top it all off my post about it last thursday has been removed. amazing.

0 Likes
Chris S21
Journeyman
Options

Same here and ridiculous. Why would they put that notification saying you need to log in on start up? It needs to be removed as I don't even have app notifications selected. 

crapple
Student
Options
I'm starting to wonder the same
0 Likes
Options

It sounds like you were born to rock Apple products. I hear iOS 15 allows you to use EXTERNAL STORAGE on your phone! What?!

When you get your Apple phone, you should RAVE about how revolutionary Apple is for thinking of it and how no other phone does it.

Vanna1
First Poster
Options

I got an update today and its still happening.. was really going it would have stopped.

0 Likes