Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screens Keep Popping Up About Phone cooling, Drink more water, Various ads, etc. Interrupting Things I am Trying To Do?

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 08:09 PM)
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

This just suddenly started a couple days ago. These things can pop up at any time, and can disrupt me being able to do things on the phone since they take up most, or all of the screen. I am unaware of any apps I have added, and cannot identify anything specifically likely to be at fault in my list of apps. This is driving me crazy. It's not possible, at this time, to do a factory reset on the phone. What is causing this, and how do I stop it? 

Thanks for any assistance.

22 REPLIES 22
keith30
Maestro
Options
If it's a app you'll be able to find out when it happens to pop up on your screen if look at the notications under the brief pop up settings and see what app it maybe causing your problem🤔 it lists everything.
0 Likes
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

It just happened again multiple times. The first time, the top half of the screen said something about phone cooling, the bottom half was an ad for an online dating site. The second time, what popped up on the screen said to drink more water, the lower half was an ad for a different dating site.  There is no other information that I can see which would explain anything about what is causing this. 

Am I not looking in the right place for "notifications under the brief pop up settings? 

I'm starting to wonder if I can return this phone and go back to my Note 9. I've had more issues already, like this one, in the first few weeks than I had in five years with the old phone. 

0 Likes
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

Just had yet another screen pop up. This one said my phone temperature was too high, too many apps may be running, and the lower half of the screen was an ad for roof replacement. I hope this helps to identify what the problem is. 

0 Likes
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

One more just happened. A full screen interrupted me trying to complete typing text someone asking how much I know about energy solutions and wanting me to click to learn more. On the top right, in the corner it said "Ad"

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Did you install any app/s recently? One of them could be the culprit.

Start your phone in Safe mode and see if the advertisements pop up. If not, then it's definitely one of the apps. Go through your apps and uninstall the recently installed apps. You might have to do this a couple of times to figure out the app that is causing the issue.

On a side note, also good to scan your device. Also good to clear all the browsers' history/cookies.

0 Likes
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the recommendations. To my knowledge, I have not installed any apps since I started using this phone three weeks or so back. I will certainly try your suggestions though. 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hey @Slapshot.

This guide should help out with ads: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-remove-ads-from-a-galaxy-smartphone/

The ads that you're receiving sound like they may be coming from Chrome, the 'Block ads via Google chrome' section should help out with those. 

Welcome to the Community!

Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

Danny T, thanks very much for the help, this is continuing to drive me crazy. An ad appeared earlier today which stopped me from being able to answer my phone that was ringing.  I was sure that you had the answer, but Google Chrome does not even show up as an app on my phone. And the other information in the link you provided has to do primarily with not having initially set up your phone to avoid ads. That also cannot be the case, as I had the phone for several weeks before this even started. I remain at a complete loss to either explain what is happening or understand how to fix it. 

0 Likes
Slapshot
Apprentice
Options

I'm hoping someone can help with this, the ads are interrupting texts and sometimes I have to clear them to even answer the phone. I also spent over two hours last night, on the phone, with an incredibly helpful technician from Verizon and even she could not find what was happening despite repeatedly running diagnostics on the phone, and looking into every app. 

0 Likes