Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protector

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 05:40 AM)
Hanjay
Journeyman
Options
Hi, just had a screen protector put on my Samsung s22 ultra and now the finger print won't recognise or work. Do we know why? It has a circle for the finger print but just won't register 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Has a circle?
I take it that its a glass screen protector
Try redoing your fingerprints. Normally best practice to do that anyway.
If it still doesn't work, you will have to get a different one and get your money back.
There are plenty of suggestions for screen protectors on this community.
Just go into search for them
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Try re-registering the biometrics as screen protectors, even with the cut outs, will affect the original ones stored. There's alot of screen protectors that aren't suitable or great with the fingerprint sensors.
Hanjay
Journeyman
Options
Yeah think I might need to buy a need one it doesn't even let me re-register
0 Likes
Hanjay
Journeyman
Options
Think I need a new one won't let me register it again
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes you definitely need a different one
Check out the link for an earlier post for some recommendations

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-looking-for-a-good-screen-protector-...
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
Go to Biometrics and security, select fingerprints then you need to put in unlock pattern and click +Add.
Also under Display find Touch Sensitivity and turn this on. This may help but as others say you may have an incompatible screen protector. Check the description to see if it says that it should with touch.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The circle you see is what some screen protectors have which is a thinner part of the protector so the fingerprints work better ( should work better  ) and they show a person where to press to unlock when tbe phone's screen is blank @Hanjay 

I Personally use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protectors on my phone's including my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra.

It's approximately 95% effective on unlocking but I also think that's due to my fingertip being dry.

So if I breathe on my fingertip that adds a tiny bit of moisture then it works 100% of the time.

The Whitestone Dome adheres via silicone glue and curing twice by a Uv light.

After curing the first time using the Uv I also gently press down a few time's on the glass screen protector on and around the scanner area before Uv curing the 2nd time.

All that said I use Face Recognition and also the Secondary Face Recognition so when I double tap on tbe screen while looking at the phone it unlocks fast.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes