Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade program - S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 08:37 PM)
JRJHealey
Student
Options

Are there any plans known about for the S22 Ultra to come to the Samsung Upgrade Program "Note upgrade tree"?

I was excited to join the upgrade program when I got my Note20, but now I'm in my upgrade period, apparently I am only eligible for the Z Flip and Fold. Now as cool as these phones are, I don't want this folding gimmick.

I was disappointed that there was no Note 21 for me to upgrade to, but I figured OK - I'll hold on for whatever comes next. Now the S22 Ultra is out, and it is in *every way* the spiritual successor to the Note (S Pen, design language, camera layouts, size etc). I phoned Samsung and they informed me that the only way to upgrade to the S22 Ultra was to be on an S20/21 previously on the upgrade program.

This feels like a real p*ss take to be honest. I'm literally trying to give Samsung my money, but I'm locked out from upgrading to the obvious next contender.

Does anyone know if we can expect this to change in the coming ~year?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I have fallen foul of this before.
Very inflexible program to have. Considering the Note line is gone, really should give you the option ideally.
I can see why in a way. But I'm sure in the terms and conditions, there's something written there probably.
That said, I got the Z Fold 3 when I traded my Note 20 Ultra. Happy with what I have
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've seen similar posts to yours in regards to this situation and similar instances in the recent past @JRJHealey 

If the device isn't available to choose then it won't be possible.

You may have to wind up your current upgrade account to re join to be able to get one of the Samsung Galaxy s²² Series of phone's.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JRJHealey
Student
Options

Yeah I realise I'm probably clutching at straws here 😅 but wondered if anyone had had any luck making samsung see sense in the past, but figured it was a long shot.

0 Likes
JRJHealey
Student
Options

I do like the idea of the Fold (I have no interest in the Flip), but I've heard a lot of murmuring about the hinge not lasting super well over time (and the S pen being a separate purchase is a bit annoying). I have an iPad Pro too so I dont really need a tablet of sorts, especially for the extra costs when I am still quite happy with the Note so I'm in 2 minds about whether to upgrade at all =/

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My Fold³ is working just fine @JRJHealey 

I've had it since September however I appreciate your viewpoint.

I was fortunate to be sent a free Samsung Starter kit that included the Fold sPen. This promotion was only on until December 2021 alas.

0 Likes
Mirko933
Journeyman
Options
Same situation here. If I wanted a folding phone I would have joined the upgrade program with the fold 2 and not with the note 20 ultra. And now I'm offered the flip 3 which is a huge downgrade??? Come on samsung really let me down this time
Vybz
Pioneer
Options
I'm not sure, what the upgrade program is, but I have a note 10+ and I bought the s22 ultra and traded in my note 10+ for £440. Thought that was good value. Paying the remainder off in instalments
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Vybz 

This will explain how the Samsung Trade In Programme works > https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/payment-and-financing/how-does-trade-in-work. 

Or a person can opt for the avenue you chose where you can do a one off Trade In for an eligible model which then reduces the cost of the new purchase.

Samsung will send a Trade In Returns Pack to send your current phone in once the new phone has been delivered.

0 Likes
Vybz
Pioneer
Options
That's great, thanks for the info buddy
0 Likes