Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 02:38 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Of course it's a software issue. Change your settings until it's fixed.
0 Likes
hmsq
Pioneer
Options
That's what I'm doing but I shouldn't have to.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's a bug, it happens. I'd be more concerned if its happening in other areas during normal use
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Seriously, you expect it to be perfect from the start. In the real world nothing is ever perfect. This will be a driver issue for the new SoC. Give it time.
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Well said. I've seen this on many display related drivers. Easy fix. I'd do it myself if someone paid me...
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Lol ..until return window closes then repair only I would not take the chance... For over 1100 pounds why take the chance for an update in future to fix a big problem that might or might not come
hmsq
Pioneer
Options
I think for the money you pay, I would say yes, but reality is a no from experience. I agree with you, they will fix it but when.
0 Likes
hmsq
Pioneer
Options
I agree, but these glitches are all over apps etc...but again workaround is just change to vivid. Until they release fix for this issue.
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Money isn't the measure eg buy a house brand new and it'll probably have snagging to fix and that's probably the most expensive thing you'll purchase. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon as AMD partnership is important to Samsung if they want a competitive edge in the android market place.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Some people are saying change to vivid fixs it
G G
0 Likes