Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 01:50 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I learnt my lesson with the S21 ultra ..I brought it on day one of release .. it came and overheated all the time and sent back for refund ..I said to myself I will never buy a phone on release day again and wait to see what problems pop up !! I bought S20 ultra instead and never had one problem with it
0 Likes
hmsq
Pioneer
Options

That's my screen cap, here is a link to another video on lock screen. This is brand new I just got delivered. 

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
That's not good
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
What is plugged into your USB c port?
0 Likes
mjb152
Apprentice
Options

yuo, exact same problems here.

0 Likes
hmsq
Pioneer
Options

Not sure if you are replying to my video, but if it is, its the pre applied sticker on the back. It was just out of the box.

0 Likes
mjb152
Apprentice
Options

sorry, I was replying to the fault on the lockscreen and display.

0 Likes
Sully1203
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue appearing when unlocking phone with fingerprint. Sort it out Samsung. This is a joke!!!!

hmsq
Pioneer
Options

I think there is a issue with the comments, the reply are jumping to the latest comments. But yeah just looking I changed to Vivid and it seems not issue, so hoping this is a software issue. But at £1.25k a phone this bad.