Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s22 ultra keyboard issue after latest software upgrade in Apr 2022

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 01:41 PM)
PN82
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone facing issues while typing on the s22 ultra Samsung keyboard after the latest software upgrade in Apr 2022?

My screen auto shifts to another app / press random keys automatically as if my phone is possessed.. no joke though it sounds like one !,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes this happened to my Samsung Keyboard on my Fold³.

I ended up having to reset the Keyboard via Settings, General Management, Samsung Keyboard Settings,  Reset to Default Settings. 

I also used SwiftKey and gBoard for a while.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes this happened to my Samsung Keyboard on my Fold³.

I ended up having to reset the Keyboard via Settings, General Management, Samsung Keyboard Settings,  Reset to Default Settings. 

I also used SwiftKey and gBoard for a while.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PN82
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I'll try if this works and revert.

Update: the above solution has worked for me so far. Accepting it. Thanks

Members_mo4jb7I
First Poster
Options

Yes. I'm constantly getting a blue 'swoosh' on my keyboard, causing random letters to be typed. It means I have to type slowly. It's a real nuisance. I've reported it 

Mike01Hu
First Poster
Options
  • Sadly this didn't work for me, neither did the cache-wipe process. It is very laggy and editing comments and other text is frustrating with the cursor moving to a new location but text being entered at the last entry point.
KikitheeGOAT
Student
Options

I legitimately have been having the same problem since I purchased it. I just got it in February. I thought maybe it was just some kinks that would run its course on its own but now it's become very annoying. I was just on Snapchat a few minutes ago and it just pressed a few buttons like it was possessed like you said and automatically jumped to my cash app. It's been doing this no matter what keyboard I have. I saw in the responses where someone mentioned keyboards and I'm sitting here talking to my phone as if you all can hear me LOL but that does not work. 

0 Likes
kenleelin
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue. The support team for the app where I was experiencing the issue shared the following with me:
Are you using a Samsung device and was recently updated to a recent version of Android 12 or 13? We experienced the same when we updated from Android 11 to 12, then recently again with update from Android 12 to 13. The problem is actually not MySword but the bug on Samsung keyboard that they corrected last time which then reappeared again. The bug is in the Grammarly text correction.

Quick solution: use a different keyboard and the problem will go away.

If you like Samsung keyboard just like one of our developers, please do this:

1. Open the Samsung keyboard settings via the lower right keyboard icon on the keyboard itself then tap the Setting icon to the right of Samsung keyboard option. You can also go directly to Android settings and locate the setting.

2. Tap Suggest text correction, either disable or exclude MySword via Manage apps (deselect MySword for Android).
0 Likes