Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Boost Disney+: Samsung Cancelling Codes/offer expiry date issue

(Topic created on: 30-09-2022 03:02 PM)
psylurker
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

a few months ago I generated a code for Disney+ as part of the Samsung Boost offers for my S22 Ultra. I never redeemed the code which had a validity until June 2023.

Today I received an email that my code had been cancelled but I could generate a new one except upon doing that the new expiry date seems to be either October 2022 or November 2022 depending on the different sections on the Boost page - I will be happy to provide screenshots as needed.

Can I please get contacted by someone at Samsung about reinstating the original validity for the Disney+ offer until June 2023?

Thanks 

97 REPLIES 97
ruthiedarcy
Explorer
Options
Oh it's so annoying.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

They are clearly messing people around the initial codes  were valid for redemption until 11 June 2023.

Signing into the the system it says that the code has to be used before 14/10/2022

Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I will definitely reconsider buying another Samsung product. They are liars and incompetents, their customer service is designed to push customers away. They consistently lie to us, provide information that is wrong and fail to provide any service at all.

wandaluzt
Explorer
Options

I've also had my code retracted, I went to claim a new one per the instruction in the email. Surprise surprise, "you are not eligible for this offer". We need a moderator to advise this is being looked into and will be sorted please.

Katsudonvince
Pathfinder
Options
Same as you, my S22 Ultra came with 12 months Disney+ subscription. I've generated the code but have not redeemed it. It is valid until 11.06.2023. Samsung email me last week that the code will be cancelled. Today, I received another email that I could obtain a new code. After logged in to my Samsung account and tried to generate a new code, it then says that I am not eligible for this offer.
ruthiedarcy
Explorer
Options
We definitely need an answer from someone!
0 Likes
psylurker
Apprentice
Options

I was able to redeem a new code however the new expiry date seems to either be October 22 or November 22 depending on the different sections on the Boost page. This is unacceptable frankly, the expiry date should be June 2023 as originally stated. Can someone at Samsung please help with this, chat, phone and social media support haven't been able to help so far. 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately you'd need to go through Samsung Customer Support
This forum doesn't have access directly to the customer support services
There does seem to be a change in policy towards time limits for the codes now.
It's not clear whether it's Samsung or Disney's promotion company that's changed it. Though it's likely Disney that's changed the terms and conditions for the promotion
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi. I've merged two similar threads, so that we can keep these posts in one place (for convenience).

I'd recommend that anyone who has experienced problems claiming a new Disney+ Boost code to reach out to and continue liaising with our Support Teams:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Doing this will help ensure that individual support can be provided, as your details may need to be taken (for updates etc.). In the unlikely event that the troubleshooting steps don't resolve this in the first instance, I know that the matter will be escalated.

Katsudonvince
Pathfinder
Options
I got the same message too. Am now chatting with customer service but they keep transferring me around the world.
0 Likes