Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra YouTube Stuttering

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 02:22 PM)
Syed Hoque
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I have the Exynos 2200 version with 256Gb memory (SM-S908B/DS). I've maxed the display setting as follows: Resolution => WQHD+, Motion smoothness => Adaptive, Screen mode => Vivid. While watching video on the YouTube app the app always defaults to either 720p or 1080p videos regardless when my preference is set to high res in the YouTube app. If I crank up the max res available on the YouTube app (2160px 60fps) with playback speed set to 2x

, the framerate goes haywire and the video stutters to unfavourable condition. See link/video attached.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Katsudonvince
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung acknowledges Galaxy S22 Ultra’s screen flickering bug, fix is coming soon. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-screen-flickering-bug-f...
0 Likes
Mike0296
Explorer
Options
Make sure you download the new firmware update only come out today and should resolve your issue!
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm not experiencing that issue, but if I may suggest a reason for the framerate issue, this can be due to your Internet connection speed and the video buffer.

UPDATE: I've tested with various YouTube videos and it does appear to be an issue with HDR videos when running 2x playback.
0 Likes
Syed Hoque
Journeyman
Options

😞 

0 Likes
Syed Hoque
Journeyman
Options

Checked for an update but nothing has landed on my side of the CDN yet. Has there been an official release note anywhere?

UPDATE: Found an article  here

0 Likes
Tomivor
Apprentice
Options

Updated to the latest Firmware on 1st March S908EXXU1AVBF. 

Display inconsistent brightening issues still occurring.

Please be careful for those of us with migraine, motion sickness and Flashing seizure.

Samsung s22U (SD8G1) screen major problem. 

MaxTech youtuber review: 

0 Likes
Kumar21
First Poster
Options

I am too facing the same issue. The youtube video always goes to default 720p or lower video quality regardless of high quality preference selection. I have to manually reselect video quality to higher settings each time.

0 Likes