Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra stutters, lags, display glitches, sound popping

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 08:26 PM)
C0N73MN
Explorer
Options

So I have the S22 Ultra exynos 2200 and of course its lagging and stuttering in adaptive (120hz) and WQHD+ 3088x1440 screen resolution.

Not sure if lags/stutters are caused because of combination of both adaptive motion smoothness as well as highest screen resolution in use or just one of those.

I have also experienced appearance of black horizontal lines on touch response when settings the phone up. 

Another issue is that occasionally I hear sound poppings especially when using bixby.

I tried to factory reset the phone and start from absolute scratch without restoring data (which I always do) and kept the phone with stock bloat-ware apps only installed, of course it did not solve anything.

I tried to run the phone in safe mode for over 3 hours and I was still able to experience all the problems.

I have everithing up to-date including firmware, software but that did not solve any of mentioned issue.

Should I return the phone and wait for a new one, currently the phone is out of stock and my operator provider does not know when it's back in stock so it can take awhile(?).

or should I wait for an update from samsung and hope for miracles?

Please advice.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

From what you write if this was my situation I'd ask for the phone to be swapped out.

There's so many variables as to why people experience issues with a phone but one can be is the unit is defective.

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Exynos is running fine with the settings I've chosen.

Only you can ultimately decide which course of action to take.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
C0N73MN
Explorer
Options

I am sure the device is defective as I just discovered the screen is going randomly off (black screen) and I have to press power button to make it awake. thanks

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Then if this was my phone my next step would be to request a replacement via the source that supplied the phone @C0N73MN 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Haithm
Explorer
Options

If the update does not fix these problems, I advise you to return the phone and replace it with another one. It is not a problem to wait, we all do. But the problem is that you pay a large amount for a phone that does not meet your daily requests or has problems that may not be resolved in the future.. I had a problem with my phone and I returned it and now I have been waiting for two weeks and I do not know when I will get it, but for me it is better than buying a phone with defects and problems 

Katsudonvince
Pathfinder
Options

@Haithm  - What model and colour was your phone? I sent mine S22U burgundy 512Gb out for replacement on Tuesday. I hope I will get a new phone before my business trip on 24th March. 

0 Likes
Haithm
Explorer
Options

Exactly the same as your phone. Every day I talk to Samsung and they answer me with the same thing. (We don't have an exact delivery date yet) 

0 Likes
iPhone_McGee
Explorer
Options

Are you using the 1st March security patch update?

0 Likes
C0N73MN
Explorer
Options

me? yes

0 Likes
Options

I just found that Device protection (McAfee antivirus) is causing device lag. 
I executed geekbench 5 with device protection on and device protection off. The results were stunning. 
With enabled device protection, my single-core score was ~600, with device protection off - single-core score increased up to ~1200 score. 

It seems that the software is not well optimized... 

0 Likes