Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Screen Timeout

(Topic created on: 23-08-2022 07:27 AM)
Poh_Eire
Journeyman
Options

Few little things annoying me about my S22 Ultra but one of the main things is the screen timeout not working.

I've tried changing the time from 15 seconds all the way up through the options and if I leave my phone flat on a table on the home screen the screen will not shut off and hence will not lock.

I've checked settings for secure lock and smart lock too and none of these are having any influence.

So can anyone explain why my screen won't shut off after the selected amount of time?

S7 Edge
Note 8
Note 10 + 256GB
S22 Ultra 256GB

Póh_Éire ✌️
7 REPLIES 7
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Does it work if you restart the phone? Also, clear phone cache

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Poh_Eire 

Thinking outside of the box do you have a screen protector fitted / privacy screen protector or a case that could be affecting the phone's sensors !

Also can you try Safe Mode as a process of elimination.

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Poh_Eire
Journeyman
Options

Phone has been restarted and updated many times and the problem remains

S7 Edge
Note 8
Note 10 + 256GB
S22 Ultra 256GB

Póh_Éire ✌️
0 Likes
Poh_Eire
Journeyman
Options

I do have screen protectors but have always had the same protectors on my previous Galaxy/Note phones with no issue.

S7 Edge
Note 8
Note 10 + 256GB
S22 Ultra 256GB

Póh_Éire ✌️
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @Poh_Eire 

So if a factory reset does not help then send feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section for support. 

You may need to take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store to be assessed. 

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IRadiate
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue. Seems to have stated after the last update. Still looking for a pattern as it doesn't stay on all the time.
0 Likes
ChrisMilner
First Poster
Options

I found a pattern on my phone. If I have a full screen app running it will not timeout. Otherwise it works.

0 Likes