Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra phone crashed

(Topic created on: 23-08-2022 08:31 AM)
DH40
Explorer
Options
Hi All, 

Sine the last phone software update wherever I open Outlook or Google it crashes my phone to a white background is anyone eles having this issue ? 

Thanks 
Dan 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DH40  The thing is you need to connect to computer or  use USB-C  Headphones with the S Series since Android 11. Perhaps the videos were from a little while ago or they omitted to mention this.  For the benefit of everyone  who is not aware  this is the procedure:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition of the phone and that may resolve the issue. Just search 'how to wipe cache partition Galaxy S22 Ultra' and you should find what you are looking for 😃. Hope this helps! 🙂
DH40
Explorer
Options
Thanks I've watched a few YouTube videos but it would seem to let me in the boot mode I'll keep trying
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DH40  The thing is you need to connect to computer or  use USB-C  Headphones with the S Series since Android 11. Perhaps the videos were from a little while ago or they omitted to mention this.  For the benefit of everyone  who is not aware  this is the procedure:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the same issue on my S22 Ultra, Exynos version. It's not just outlook it's other apps too. I have done everything except a factory reset several times to no avail. Until its resolved a restart sometimes fixes it temporarily, a soft reset usual works for a short while or just wait for around 10 or 20 min and it opens OK. I think the issue is the phones inability to maintain a good network connection I.e if connection drops, Outlook and other office apps etc crash or freeze. This happens both with WiFi and mobile data. I'm hoping a firmware update will fix it or naybe Androidc13 which has been released a while ago but not released by Samsung yet. Hope this helps
DH40
Explorer
Options
Perfect that has worked thank you let's see if the crashes stop 👍much appreciated both.
0 Likes