Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Reverted back to One UI 4

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 12:02 AM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Having given the UI5 beta a go to see if it fixed the glitches on my phone. I have decided to revert back to UI 4 and wait for the full release

The update didn't resolve the glitches on my phone but did have some notable improvements one of my favourites being the ability to stack widgets as it creates a lot of space on your home screen

The downside is the absence of google pay and rapid battery drain. On other forums for battery drain it highlights a UWB system app as the culprit which is a low level signal scanner running in background which eats batteries

For google pay and some other apps they highlight another system app which isn't yet compatible with UI 5

I expect these will be resolved prior to release of the full version

On restoring my phone to its previous state, the UI 4 ran a software update which up to now has fixed the outlook and other Microsoft apps constantly freezing and crashing, also calls are dropping much less frequently. However the battery is draining more quickly compared with prior to the update

Somme high street banks are withdrawing support for samsung pay so I wanted to use google pay for now

I'd be interested in other people's experiences or opinions? May you have identified fixes
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I've not heard a thing about Samsung pay being pulled from UK Banks either, I currently use HSBC & First Direct.

I can't see it happening to be honest, more Secure than Google pay by all accounts.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PaulC59 

It is of course up to the individual banks whether they wish to come on board with Samsung Pay or stop their customers using the option.

However with such a big change to their services one would expect something official on their support pages and after looking I cannot find anything.

I'm left wondering if they ever did support Samsung Pay !

This is a thread I've come across > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/unable-to-add-halifax-card-to-samsung-pay-plus... 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I haven't seen anything official. The only info I have is what their customer support told me whilst on phone with them dealing with my account and one of the issues I had was contactless being declined when using samsung pay, it is then where they told me support is being withdrawn and they will be focusing on Google and Apple. This seems to be confirmed as Samsung pay wouldn't accept my new debit card whereas it did accept my old card. Samsung pay app said to try Samsung Pay+ instead which I think is Curve.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not sure why the change, I can only validate the Halifax and what they told me and Samsung pay would not accept my new debit card it gave a message that it is not supported by your bank and to try samsung pay+ instead which I think is curve. I'm not sure how curve works, maybe it is similar to Google pay as it doesn't show when you swipe up for Samsung Pay. I agree Samsung pay is more secure as you have to authenticate every payment and it even works on machines with no chip which is more beneficial in the US though as most UK retailers use contactless. I can only assume its a cost or resources issue for the bank but it is a risk for them too as it could send their customers to other banks. I personally prefer using built in apps where possible as more apps means more data and battery drain and potential problems and of course the extra security risk of having your financial data in stored by more organisations etc. I've opened a new account with another bank so I can give that a go. I'm using Google pay for the moment as I have my lock screen with fingerprint unlock which I think is secure. Google pay is quicker and more convenient as you don't have to open anything to make a payment you just unlock the screen, and whilst i dont have security concerns I do question its impact on battery drain if it's running all the time in the background as my battery seems to drain much quicker since the latest update, maybe Google pay is contributing to this?
0 Likes
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
Hi
I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, just installed latest software, some of my apps have turned a Blue/Grey colour including Chrome, Gmail, WhatsApp etc, has anyone any suggestions please??
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Whenever I update my phone I always first go to galaxy store and update my apps then I go to Google play store and search for updates which updates any remaining apps missed by Samsung. In galaxy store click the menu bars then click updates which will show if any updates are available. In Google play store type updates in the search bar and search which will give you the link to check for updates. If you've not done it before there might be a lot. I hope this helps
0 Likes