Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 ultra - oleophobic coating

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 12:30 PM)
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

After 2 months, very careful use, strange line on the screen. I think the problem is in the oleophobic coating? When I wipe the screen with a microfiber cloth, the line is not visible. After a few minutes of use, however, it is visible again.

telefon.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Update:

Today I took the phone to an official repairer, who immediately replaced the entire screen (warranty), no questions asked.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's possible @Bogo1  🤔

Do you keep a case on the phone at all ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

My previous phone was a Galaxy S7 (6 years) and it doesn't have a single scratch. So you know I'm very careful with my phone.

0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

I can tell you now that's a badly applied coating with some watermark. This same thing happened to me on an older Galaxy S3 brand new. Shop changed it in store. Everytime I wiped it away it would come back

0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Shop changed Phone or screen?

0 Likes
Solution
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Update:

Today I took the phone to an official repairer, who immediately replaced the entire screen (warranty), no questions asked.

Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Next question: Which screen protector to install on the new screen?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bogo1 

My go to is the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector as its good for curved displays and plays well with the fingerprint.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Me again. After 2 months, a vertical line started appearing again on the replaced screen. The phone will go back to service. Maybe the first series of phones was defective and the service had a screen from the first series in stock?

0 Likes
AlexAguinAga
First Poster
Options

THIS IS SO USEFUL! same thing happened to me with my galaxy S23 ultra... just after 3 weeks of use, just at the bottom

IMG-20230605-WA0038.jpg

Those marks go away with a polishing cloth but always come back... ANNOYING! they received the phone for inspection and will return with a resolution in 5 days

0 Likes