Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra kerps restarting

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 09:47 AM)
Members_akEEJ0e
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone else's s22 randomly restart during they day. 

I have auto restart of but still does it everyday at approximately the same time.

Have tried reinstalling but no help.

I saw several people had this problem on the s21 and s20 but doesn't seem like there is a definite solution.

30 REPLIES 30
Bananarepublic
Student
Options

No idea how you found that link to provide any solution? 

0 Likes
Issabel
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same issue Samsung have come back to me saying that third party apps cause this...you need to remove their permissions which is done via your Google account and make sure your phone is up to date with the software in the settings. Well I've just done this so let's see I'm not holding by breath
0 Likes
Maverick8550
First Poster
Options
My s22 ultra keeps rebooting at random times, it's getting very annoying. Tried everything to solve the issue, even a factory reset but nothing makes a difference
0 Likes
Stackz
First Poster
Options
Anyone had any luck with this? Mine has started doing it 4/5 times in the last 3 days and I haven't installed an new apps or given any new permissions to old apps or done anything different than I usually do... I have tried everything everyone else has above and still no luck 😔
0 Likes
Greak
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Exynos S22U. I tried everything listed here, even factory reset, and not restoring from any kind of backup after that, it took me 5 hours to reinstall and reconfigure all my apps, but this didn't help. Phone restart while shooting a video, using WhatsApp, navigation. I returned it as defective, waiting for a replacement. 

What a shame for Samsung to say that the problem for system crashes are 3rd party apps, that are supposed to reside in user space. Such apps should not cause any crashes. Furthermore, I use the same set of apps on all my phones, including S21U and S22 in the past, and I have never ever had any crashes. All this makes me believe that this is a hardware defect / OS issue like a memory leak, but I guess we will never know for sure.

0 Likes
Celf
Navigator
Options

Yep, my S22 ultra also reboots a few times a week. Very annoying. Nothing helped.  Just did a full factory reset. No backup restored and no apps installed. Just the updates from the default Samsung and Google apps.  See what happens.

0 Likes
wez1993
First Poster
Options
Fix: settings, device care, and untick auto optimisation. It restarts too clear cache and memory to keep phone in the best health
Members_bXFtWDw
First Poster
Options

unfortunately, no in 6th of December the problem is not fixed, happened to me today. Bu before it reboot just froze off completely. some 20 minutes I did not get any reaction no matter what commands I imputed (same time pressing low volume + turn on/off screen - no reaction whatsoever). I have received it 2 fridays ago and this is the first time it happened. I signaled the problem online on the support section of samsung and they directed me to an authorized service. They stated that „they were not officially informed” about such problem🙄. I posted in the live chat box a link to these discussions and i asked them to consider my request for assistance as an „official” one. I`d really love to see some official position from Samsung on this   

0 Likes
Mebz
First Poster
Options
This has been happening to me now for the past 2 days. I've had 3 or 4 different times when it's restarted and I kept thinking it might be a bug and needs an update. Not using any new aps or anything. Like everyone else trying to figure out what's happening
0 Likes
Piggy
Journeyman
Options

I've been having the same issue as you since i got the phone in March (S22U 1TB). It's been much worse since the UI 5 / droid 13 update too - before it would go maybe a few days without a reboot but now it's every day and i'm now getting the hang in boot loops as well. I'm not bothered by the odd reboot as i've been an android user for 11 years so very used to it, but it's become unbearable on this. Done all the 'fixes' multiple times (safe mode, cache wipe, auto reboot, factory reset) and no change. Been uploading my error reports on Samsung Members too.

I spent a day outside in very cold London last week and the phone must have rebooted over 10 times with most of those hanging for 20 minutes or more. I expect the battery to drain fast in the cold but not this kind of behaviour, so i've now gone to Samsung about this now as i've had enough and this screams hardware issue to me.

Should be being repaired this week so i will update as it seems i'm definitely not the only one with complaints.

0 Likes