Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra kerps restarting

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 09:47 AM)
Members_akEEJ0e
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone else's s22 randomly restart during they day. 

I have auto restart of but still does it everyday at approximately the same time.

Have tried reinstalling but no help.

I saw several people had this problem on the s21 and s20 but doesn't seem like there is a definite solution.

30 REPLIES 30
Connor C
Apprentice
Options

I am also getting random restarts with S22 Ultra. Can you confirm whether this is a software issue which can be fixed with an update or the handset needs to be replaced?

0 Likes
Members_akEEJ0e
Apprentice
Options

Come on did you even read the comments  it's not a scheduled problem it's something else that also was on the s21 and s20 and you still can't figure out what it is?

0 Likes
Connor C
Apprentice
Options

This doesn't make any sense. Yes I have read through the comments and tried troubleshooting the issue. Will be sending my handset back

0 Likes
Stacy4
First Poster
Options

I also had the same problem yesterday.

Then I searched it on the internet and got a solution:-

https://unseeked.com/fix-samsung-s22-ultra-keeps-rebooting/?noamp=mobile

Hope it helps you also.

0 Likes
rsi1
First Poster
Options

Every 1 or 2 days my S22 Ultra reboots at random times. Sometimes at night, 3 days ago the phone was doing nothing at my desk and all of the sudden I notices it was rebooting.

I've installed same apps on it as my S10. Suggesting a factory reset on brand new phone makes no sense and  all 3rd party apps are installed at same time... so removing them all , trying a couple each time for 3 days is not workable. 

0 Likes
PKurnota
First Poster
Options

Same problem. But i noticed that it is especially while using camera app. Night mode is critical. Try to take photos in total dark few times and you will definitelly get reboot. It also restarting randomly even when am not using phone. Its really annoying for such expensive device.... shame 

0 Likes
Ianic
Apprentice
Options
Just got my one yesterday, and apparently seems to work ok, I do not have any restarting issue, for the moment, I do hope that wil never happen, did you updated at the latest version of the software as soon as you turned one for the first time or this started before any software update?
0 Likes
Xeus3eme
First Poster
Options

Im pretty sure, now, in my case, that's because of my pocket, case and lateral buttons combo...

If find the buttons way too sensitive, that phenomenon is increased by my Black Rock carbon case and when in sit/crouch my pocket gets super tight and it presses the 3 lateral buttons at the same time for a few secs...

Sometimes it has also reboot in safe mode.

Isn't there a way in dev mod, that "records" everythings going on before a shutdown ?... 

0 Likes
ddddddddeeesdd
Student
Options

Having the exact same problem. Glad I am not alone, but not liking that it seems to be a common issue and we might have big problems. Also used Smart Switch but I see people who have not used it also having the same problem. My first Samsung since the S5.

Currently on what it says is the latest firmware. Exynos version.

Model: SM-S908B/DS

Google Play System Update: 1 Jan 2022

Build Number: SP1A.210812.016.S908BXXU1AVC6

Security Patch Level: 1 March 2022

Having it die mostly whilst using it, but sometimes on the lockscreen. It's also reporting 24 apps not updated but then tapping on the Notification, I can't see any in Android.

Really hoping this is fixable in a software update and it happens FAST. Or I will be returning mine also, probably for an iPhone too.

0 Likes
Palah
Journeyman
Options

My S22 Ultra has stated to reset itself.. Yesterday at night while using delivery app.. Today in morning while not touching and tonight while viewing Coles online catalogue.. Not set to update at any time 

0 Likes