Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra from US has a problems with wifi in europe

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Members_vdPPHSR
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

Just bought a s22 ultra from the us, model: sm-s908u1 , from the moment i got it, it has very big problems with my wifi. I have a tplink router, and about 100mb/s in wifi, which i can see on my s20 ultra. On the s22 ultra the wifi speed is max 5bm/s. Why? I have tried resetting wifi settings, changing proxy and changing MAC adress.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AtshaamY
Options

Hi @Members_vdPPHSR.

Make sure your software is updated by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, make sure the Power saving mode option is off by going to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Power saving mode > Make sure the switch is toggled off.

0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Regional Differences: WiFi standards and regulations can vary by country, which might cause compatibility issues. Ensure your device's WiFi settings are configured to match local standards.

Router Compatibility: The router's settings or firmware might not be fully compatible with your US phone. Ensure the router's firmware is up to date and that it supports all the WiFi bands and channels your phone can use.

Frequency Bands: Different countries have different regulations for WiFi frequency bands. Make sure your router is set to a common frequency band (like 2.4 GHz, which is widely supported) if your phone is having trouble connecting to the 5 GHz band.

Network Settings: Reset your network settings on the S22 Ultra. This can often resolve connectivity issues.

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Software Update: Ensure your phone's software is up to date. Samsung often releases updates to fix bugs and improve compatibility.

Go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.

WiFi Security Protocols: Check if the router is using a security protocol (e.g., WPA3) that might not be fully supported or properly implemented on your device. You can try switching the router to use WPA2 temporarily to see if this resolves the issue.

Interference: Other electronic devices or networks might be causing interference. Try connecting to the WiFi in a different location or reducing interference sources.

Factory Reset: If none of the above solutions work, consider performing a factory reset. This should be a last resort, as it will erase all data on your phone.

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset.

If the problem persists after trying these steps, it might be worth contacting Samsung support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance and check if there are any known issues with your specific model or software version.

0 Likes
Members_vdPPHSR
First Poster
Options

It says "resignation failed"

0 Likes
Members_vdPPHSR
First Poster
Options

okay it started downloading

0 Likes
Members_vdPPHSR
First Poster
Options

Thanks, how to contact them?

0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

You can send us a Direct Message at @Sam_UK. Please let us know all the steps that you've tried so far.