Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Exclusive Red Colour

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 10:46 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well after six weeks of waiting.
The S22 Ultra website exclusive colour red arrived.

It's in a fairly non descript package really. Quite thin as there is no charger.
Just booklets, charging lead and SIM tray removed tool. That's it.

Initially after seeing others phones, I was a little apprehensive about the colour.
Getting the phone out, on first impressions. I liked the colour.
So that's a good start.

In daylight, the colour seems darker and more coral coloured . But at this point, I still had the plastic film on the phone.

After setting up the phone and removing the plastic film.
It has a great look with the Matte coloured frame and frosted glass.

Unfortunately in photos, the frosted glass adds a kind of texture to the colour that doesn't really show up.
As you can see that brighter lighting gives the colour a more peachy look as well. 

At first I wondered about the silver rings around the camera lenses. But as they reflect the colour of the phone, they seem to blend in more. Rather that be a feature standout.

The S Pen, is a reasonably close colour. It's a different material, so didn't expect an exact colour match.

The button on the S Pen is a darker red, a bit glittery I think. From initial usage, I'd like the button to be a tad larger. But I can get used to it. 

Speaking earlier about the cameras. You can see they look visually large for a smartphone. So I'm going to be looking forward to seeing how good they are. 
Already downloaded Expert RAW camera app. So should add an extra level to taking photos.

Got to mention the screen on the phone. 
It's a typical bright and punchy display, that just looks amazing. 
I have mine set to the maximum resolution. Samsung just make the best displays and this one is so amazing to look at. 

So I still need to finish setting up the phone, and just wanted to express my first impressions.
I look forward to getting. More into it and will definitely follow-up with more about it.
25 REPLIES 25
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
Absolutely made up that you've finally received your gorgeous looking phone 😍 and loved reading the first impressions post. Photos look lush!

I've had my burgundy for a week now and have to say it's the best phone I've owned. Battery lasts all day - still on 20% as I'm typing this with most days being high usage. Camera is very good also and takes lovely vibrant pictures. I'm no photographer but can definitely see an improvement in quality from the standard S21 camera.

Hope you carry on enjoying your new phone and I look forward to reading your next review 😀 😊
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Will definitely do more on the phone
Already seems better than the Note 20 Ultra I had a some months ago
Just got to set it up how I want it and then get to enjoy it
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Are you Sure that is Red not Orange/ Salmon colour 🍊 🐟🤦🤦
0 Likes
Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
Got to be the best pictures of the 'red' model yet, nice mini review 👌

evohicks
Navigator
Options
My Red 256gb varient arrived yesterday also after 6 weeks, I'm still setting up to my liking but so far so good, no issues, very snappy and good images compared to my Note 20 Ultra.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well they are calling it red, but looks more like a darker coral colour
In brighter lighting, it's gets more of a peach colour to it
0 Likes
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Its red? It looks like a tacky orange...😵💫
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

My Note 20 Ultra feels dainty compared to S22 U; didn't expect it would feel that different 😄

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thought they were a similar size. Been a while since I had a Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes