Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra apps crashing

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 05:07 PM)
Jake17
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra with 512gb. In the last 48 hours I have had multiple apps crash on me repeatedly. I have tried clearing cache for those apps, uninstall + reinstall, restart phone (which helps for a short while with some apps but not for long), clear cache in recovery mode. This seems to be some kind of system bug as its not a single app. Espn Fantasy app, Amazon, Gmail - all crash immediately upon opening. Is there some setting that needs to be reset? I am really trying to avoid doing a full factory reset.

Thanks in advance.

Go to solution
21 REPLIES 21
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Sabir2018 hello,? in the first configuration of your Galaxy s 22, have you restored backup of a previous device? If so, most likely you should Reset your phone to factory settings and not use any backup-install everything from scratch .All the best.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Shrekopher
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue. I tried uninstalling the Android system Webview update, it did not fix the problem. I tried wiping the cache, did not fix the problem, I tried repairing the apps, did not fix the problem. about half of the apps on my device are crashing now, draining about 50% of the battery in just a few hours. 

I don't understand why this continues to happen with Android system Webview. This is like the 3rd time this year. Why is this not tested before the update is released. The phone is basically worthless right now. And my only hope is to wait for Samsung to update the phone. Thats got to be a joke right? Even a factory reset didn't fix the problem. 

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shrekopher Hello, it is recommended to have all the apps updated.
If you have restored a backup by resetting the device to factory settings, it is recommended to reset it again and not use any copy, install everything from scratch. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Shrekopher
Apprentice
Options

I have some 100+ applications on my phone and have it setup with a work profile as well. That will literally take hours. Thats not a viable solution for Samsung/Google pushing out an update that renders a device worthless. I am not sure why it is even suggested as a solution, or why they continually break devices with updates to the Android System webview app. 

GuCe
Student
Options

Hello,

I have the same problem. Apps keep constantly crashing. I look for updates (system + apps) almost every day. Restart, clearing caches, uninstalling and updating Android System Webview manually did not work. My phone is currently not useable.

I have to agree with Shrekopher, resetting is an awful option, since I too have many apps, many of them from my employer.

0 Likes
disame
Explorer
Options
S22 ultra is the worst Samsung phone I have used. Really regret trading in my note 20 ultra. Can't wait to get rid of this s22 ultra. No more preorder for me
0 Likes
Nathan777
Journeyman
Options

Followed same steps and make sure if you use the secure folder to ensure you do the same thing in there too my regular WebView app was cleared but not until I cleared and took Android WebView out of deep sleep in secure folder did it fix the problem. 

Eric869
First Poster
Options

That fixed it finally is the SECURE FOLDER!! I just Uninstalled it and it fixed it. Thank you! 

ManjuKing
Journeyman
Options

Can you let me know the process please 

0 Likes
Nathan777
Journeyman
Options

Go into your secure folder click three dots in upper right hand corner. 

Click settings, then apps.

After that find 'Android Web View' and follow same steps to clear caché.

Also make sure the app is not in any sort of deep sleep setting. 

Good luck! 

0 Likes