Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra apps all freezing

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 08:40 AM)
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Nearly all my apps are freezing upon opening and shutting down. Keeps saying it is a Cache issue however I have performed all the recommended fixes, and nothing works. It says a lot of the apps have bugs and to wait for an update for them. They all worked fine after the UI 5 Update which was a few days ago so seems odd. Anyone else have this same issue?

34 REPLIES 34
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
The network connectivity isn't obvious as it happens in the background. You notice it most when calls disconnect for no reason or in some online dependent apps etc which report connection issues or no Internet etc. E.g Outlook usually crashes if connection is lost. Its not as bad now it improved a lot in a previous update. I think a lot depends on how you use your phone which highlights specific issues related to the activity. The reset I did improved the apps crashing issue but it has caused more serious ones e.g my Sumup will no longer connect to card readers via Bluetooth, outlook keeps freezing and the phone doesn't feel as stable. I have bought an old motorola E7 for £70 today and am putting my important work apps on that and they have set up and connected seamlessly without any issues although it is a bit slow. I'll use this S22 Ultra nearly 2 grand phone for some personal use and playing games as it's not fit for purpose where productivity matters. Hopefully, Samsung will get the issues sorted in a few months or so, if not I'll cut my losses and get shut as I have spent far too many hours and lost too much data etc to keep persevering with it putting aside the stress and frustration
Jasbris
First Poster
Options

Edit: Once I enabled my work profile the issue came back. Please see fix from Nathan777. Seems to be an issue with the web view, not the Ram Plus.

I've been dealing with the same issue all day. I have a Galaxy S10+, and since this morning 95% of the apps on my phone will crash within 5 seconds of opening them.

I've done partition wipes, multiple reboots, app repair via the safe startup, individual application cache clears, and I've deleted many unused apps off my phone (even though I've never exceeded more than 45% used storage).

I think I finally fixed the issue for myself. Fingers crossed, it's only been an hour, but it seems that setting the Ram plus to the lowest setting (2gb) has resolved my issue. I absolutely think this is a bug that Samsung needs to fix, and if my fix continues to work then it would seem the bug is related to the Ram plus feature.

If I start seeing crashes again, I'll update my comment to let folks know Ram plus was not at fault.

Nathan777
Journeyman
Options

This how I fixed mine, recently updated to the new android version and this started.

Anyways, it has to do with 'android webview' you have to clear the caché and also make sure to go into the secure folder app and do the same in there. 

Once in secure folder click 3 dots in right hand corner then settings then apps find 'android webview' and clear the caché in there as well and make sure that app is not in any sort of deep sleep mode. 

Only then did my phone return back to normal with no more crashes. 

0 Likes
Solution
Dain1
Explorer
Options

I've fixed it. Uninstall the secure folder on the phone and it fixes it immediately. I can't believe that Samsung tech and others who are apparent experts have not been able to tell me this.

0 Likes
mspinelli23
First Poster
Options

Hey just wanted to say thank you, ever since this update came out I've been constantly rebooting my phone as this was the only fix. I removed secure folder and cleared the cache/data on webview and haven't had an issue since.

0 Likes