Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra and 45W Samsung Charger

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 11:19 AM)
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The charger works well but the USB-C cable provided does not hold very well to the phone. Any light movement and the cable come off the phone. So much for “Use only Samsung-approved battery, charger, and cable specifically designed for your device.

Samsung needs to go back to designed board because the cable is not the best. They should be forced to make the devices down to specification in the same way they are forcing the USB-C charging port. So, manufacturer cannot use the “approved” just a way of forcing their own products which are not as good as they should be.

15 REPLIES 15
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Are you sure you have a genuine s22 ultra? I never use a genuine charger. Chargers only send power they don't send data. I even use none samsung wireless chargers. All I get in my car is a warning the wireless charger is slow charging. I would say more like its warning you of slow charging which does ping a message saying to use a genuine charger. Your charger or lead may have a defect which is causing low voltage. Even on a car charger I get this warning when the car battery gets low voltage.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, I am very sure I got genuine S22 Ultra. I got my Disney Plus and Buds Pro. I get the slow charging notification if using another charger e.g. Note 3 but that it is expected.

The charger lead is absolutely fine as well as the charger. I can charge two S22 Ultra simultaneously  at superfast speed and both get fully charged within 1:10ish minutes. It can charge laptops. So, I've no complain with the charger.

By the way, the main point is that cable that came with the Samsung Charger gets disconnected extremely easy when this charger was released specially for the S22 series. Something that does not happen with the 3rd party charger. 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
How do you know the lead is fine? It may look fine to you but it could have a break or dry solder joint which is leading to low voltage. The charger could have a defect which is leading to low output voltage. You will only ever get this message if the device detects low input voltage. I would try another lead or wall charger to rule it out. The device is showing this message because it is detecting low input voltage.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I know that the lead is fine because it works fine with at least 6 other different devices. And using the lead that came with phone or the charger on the 3rd party charger does not change anything.

There is no point of going through the rabbit hole of leads and not genuine phone. I have reasonable experience at troubleshooting.

Repeating myself:

the main point is that cable that came with the Samsung Charger gets disconnected extremely easy when this charger was released specially for the S22 series. Something that does not happen with the 3rd party charger 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Last other 6 devices use lower power. It don't mean a thing. Leads with dry solder joints can give out the correct voltage for other lower powerd devices but when you use a device with higher power that dry solder joint is not giving that higher powerd device the correct voltage. With higher powerd device that dry solder joint will become hotter increasing the resistances. If a wire or dry solder joint gets hotter it increases resistance and with increased resistance comes lower voltage. I have a display port lead here that does the same. It works fine on every thing upto 60hz as soon as I got to 144hz it loses signal to the monitor because of a dry solder joint and increase of resistance. The lead is rated for 180hz 4k
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Now, you seem to be determined that the problem is the 3rd party cable. I’ve told you to stop going through the rabbit hole of suggesting that. It is NOT the cable.

How did you get to the conclusion that the other devices were lower powered devices?

I’ve already said, that using the USB-C cable that came with the phone, or the cable that came with the Samsung Charger behave exactly the same as the 3rd party one on the 3rd party charger.

The 3rd party cable can charge laptops which require higher power than the phone, and the laptops can withdraw all the needed power using the 3rd party cable and charger.

Using the 3rd party cable on Samsung charger the phone charges the same.

The 3rd party charger can charge Two S22 ultra simultaneously at superfast speed using the 3rd party cable.

What is the connection between the Samsung Charger’s cable coming of the USB-C port very easily and the power of the 3rd party cable?

0 Likes