Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 System Storage of 90gb

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 08:02 AM)
Mαяк
Apprentice
Options
I recently got the base model of the S22 with the 128gb of storage. Looked into my storage after not even a week and 89gb are being used for the system? Is that normal? Like what are samassung doing selling some flagship phone with 38gb of usable storage. Please someone tell me there's a fix or its a bug
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Lubberkin
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a similair problem with my Samsuns S22 Ultra 512gb edition, except my system takes up 314gb of storage :)) which is most definitely too much. Can somebody help please?

0 Likes
MikEroBrew
First Poster
Options

I tried all the suggestions in this forum and a few from elsewhere and was never able to free up the system memory which was at 88GB. So I did a factory reset. Everything looked good at this point. Only using 23GB of system memory. Then I restored from a backup using Samsung Smart Switch. The app data shot up to 87GB, 74GB was listed under Smart Switch. The backup was much smaller than that, so I don't see how this is even possible.

MikEroBrew_0-1699729538425.pngMikEroBrew_1-1699729567788.png

I tried to delete the smart switch data using the app config page. But it had no effect. I tried rebooting into system menu to clear cache, rebuild apps, etc. but no change. So I deleted smart switch. Finally the app data went down. But now my system data was at 90GB, which is even more than before factory reset. I only have 128GB so I don't have much space left. Ughh.

So I factory reset again, immediately deleted smart switch without using it. And re-installed all my apps manually. Very painful but my phone is usable again, for now.

MikEroBrew_2-1699729695750.png

0 Likes
DanMN02
First Poster
Options

I think the attachment worked.  Anyways, same brother. My system is 104Gb. Why?? My Samsung G8 Tablets system is only 32.23 Gb. Now that is reasonable 

0 Likes