Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22, S22 Plus Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 05:45 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Apparently Samsung have amended the specification sheet for these devices, whilst a 10 Hz minimum refresh rate was initially announced  now saying the hardware supports a minimum of 48 Hz.   clarified this by stating that the data transfer rate from the processor to the  screen can be dropped to as low as 10 Hz to save power consumption. However  will  still not have as big effect on the battery life as was envisaged at the launch.

See more here https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-plus-display-3108998/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's interesting @JAMES4578 

Wonder why the specifications have been amended.

I assume the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra remains the same which can drop to 1Hz.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@BandOfBrothers yes as far as I am aware no change for the Ultra, can drop to 1 Hz

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Othacon
Pioneer
Options
Can drop to 1hz but never does it and stays always in the 24hz.
When the brightness is low then it stays always at 120hz.
Why put the 1hz in marketing if it doesn't do it?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Othacon 

Mine stays at around 24hz.

You can see from the screenshot my brightness is low and stays at 24hz unless I start using the phone.

Adaptive brightness is Off.

20220226_190622.jpg

Othacon
Pioneer
Options
Try lowering the brightness more, for example like this and please tell us what you see.
Also, the screen should go to 1hz but never drops from 24hz...Screenshot_20220226-192306_One UI Home_27316_1645903386.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes dropping the brightness to that level does mean the refresh rate stays at 120hz.

Do you have the brightness set that low ?

To me that is way too low to enjoy using the phone.

0 Likes
Othacon
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, in a dark room the brightness drops to those values. At night most of the times it's on those values specially while browsing in bed. And having the refresh rate at values drains the battery faster than it should
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough @Othacon 

As I've mentioned on various threads we all set up our phone's differently with different preference settings and use them differently too.

I have adaptive brightness off and my brightness level typically set to around what I've shown in my screenshot.

Not to have the refresh rate drop to 24hz but that's just how I set up my phone.

Perhaps send this feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section so they can assess this @Othacon 

Othacon
Pioneer
Options
All reported to Samsung, let's see if something will come out of this. If they fixes this things the battery autonomy would increase...