Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22+ keeps dropping bluetooth pairings

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 11:17 PM)
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
Every 3/4 weeks my s22+ keeps dropping the pairings. I've cleared out the Bluetooth cache, rebooted etc but its now happened about 5 times since I've had the phone.

Does anyone know how to fix it? It's annoying enough but particularly an issue because I have a watch 5 and have to reset my watch everytime this happens. 

Thanks
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
That is strange.

Try airplane mode and switch it on. Wait until everything disconnects and switch off airplane mode and see if it all pairs.

It happens to my Galaxy Watch with my Fold 3 and that sorts it for months now.

Other could be reset Network Settings. This will reset all WiFi passwords stored and Bluetooth items but you will have to pair again and see if it holds firm.

Finally can wait for the monthly update to see if it fixes the bug after the update.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
I've been waiting to reply to see if my phone dropped the connection to my watch again and it has just done. I tried going into airplane mode on the phone and it made no difference. When I tried to reconnect to the watch via the wearables app it doesn't find the watch, however the watch still appears in the available devices list in the Bluetooth app. If I then attempt put to pair the same code is generated on the screen and the watch and if I end up accepting on paths wearables comes to the front and displays an error message which says "Can't pair with Galaxy watch 5 Pro. To connect to a new phone you need to reset your watch first, which will delete all the data"

Performing a reset is the only method I have found to get my watch to reconnect to my mobile. Clearly having to do this every few weeks is not acceptable. Any thoughts.
0 Likes
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
Have you got a previous watch paired with your phone? Just a thought.

Reset should have sorted out any bugs.

But let me think about it and play around my watches settings.
0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options

No my phone wasn't previously paired with another watch. I've taken the step off uninstalling the wearables app. Interesting after confirming the uninstall another window appeared offering to delete my ear bud and watch settings. I said yes and then reinstalled wearables and paired again via wearavbles,  having reset my eaych

0 Likes
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
I have looked at permission manager to see if any Bluetooth conflicts. Couldn't see anything obvious

However I do have SmartThings on and that does monitor my Bluetooth connected devices.

Have you got smartthings activated?
0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options

Hi no previous watch and my watch is now disconected from my phone again and I cannot find a way to re-establish a connection without testing my watch. Its about 7 days since my last reset

0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options

My watch is now disconected from my phone again. Its about 7 days since my last reset

0 Likes
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
Have you tried connecting the watch to another phone and see if similar problems?

Plus other Bluetooth devices connected to phone disconnect or stay stable?
0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options

So I didn't have these issues when my watch was connected to my S20 and other pairings are now being retained. 

0 Likes