01-09-2022 12:04 PM in
I have an S22 and been experiencing issues with the Sensibo app geolocation feature.
The app should trigger actions based on the location of the phone, but it fails when the app is in the background. I've configured the app with the following options:
• Granted all location permissions: Allow always / allow precise location
• Allow background data use
• Allow unrestricted battery use
In the Samsung system settings:
• Location settings: Turned on precise location / turned on WiFi scanning / turned on Bluetooth scanning
• Battery & device care: Turned off power saving mode / turned off put unused apps to sleep / turned off adaptive battery / turned off adaptive power saving / turned off auto optimise daily
I also emailed the developer and they tested the issue and nailed it to a Samsung S22 problem. I also tested on an S9 and same issue, but developer thinks is a Samsung problem.
The app used to work well on the S9 with previous versions of the OS, but now it is not working.
Seems that the geolocation is queried too sporadically, so it seems to be related to battery / sleeping app.
The app geolocation works when it is brought to the foreground.
10-01-2024 07:47 PM in
I can't even got a location trigger on Samsung's own Bixby to work with cell service off and wifi and location on. The same works fine on an iPhone using a shortcut routine. I bought the iPhone after encountering bugs on my S22+ such as the June 21 update killing my AT&T cell service which was fixed in the July update, WiFi calling sporadically turning off and the Primary Sim for data reverting to the wrong one sporadically which seems finally fixed after the One UI 6.0 that just came out. The iPhones just work but my SM-S906U1 S22+ with a factory ROM was too buggy for me so after decades of using Samsung phones, watches & tablets I switched to iPhones, iPads & Apple watches for my family. Unlike Samsung products, the Apple products seem bug free and do not have Sim incompatibilities like the Samsung product.