Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s22 google maps issue

(Topic created on: 06-11-2022 12:39 PM)
victimofs22
Apprentice
Options

I am really annoyed with this issue on this stupid phone. Even bog standard  smart phone that are cheapest on the market have reliable GPS access and working google map, but this stupid phone from this great company doesnt. And they havent anything about it so far. At least have the decency to recall the product and refund the money so I can buy a phone that had these features from elsewhere which is pretty much any other phone on the market. And there is no charger sent with the phone, what is that about? How do you think that is going to work you bright sparks, which you clearly arent.

9 REPLIES 9
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Lots of people are reporting issues with S22 range..
0 Likes
victimofs22
Apprentice
Options

The usb cable transfer to PC does not work either. Overall everything that is taken for granted with smart phones in this day and age do not work on this phone, at least for a sizeable chunk of customers that have bought this brick from Samsung. While you are supposedly working on a solution, how about arranging for recall and refund?

0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I was going to buy a Samsung s22 ultra but not now, thanks
0 Likes
victimofs22
Apprentice
Options

You have made the right decision.  I bought it for the camera which I am happy with, but not having a working google map trumps every other selling points. 

0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I bought the Samsung s20 ultra for the camera and with new updates Samsung have made the camera rubbish with bad focus
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Google maps is a Google issue nothing to do with Samsung. I have Google maps on my S22ultra and I never have any problems with it.
0 Likes
victimofs22
Apprentice
Options
Good for you, but i am one of the customers that had been sold the defective product. Also you should understand that for Google map navigation to work, the device needs to be able to process the gps signal, which this phone doesn't and that is causing untold problems to many s22 customers like me.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is it a GPS problem or location access issue?

Have you given location access to Google maps?

There is a possibility you might have denied some permissions reqd for Google services to run.

If it is definitely a defective phone you should exchange it within your warranty period dependent on your country and where you bought it from.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My experience with my S22U has been great, had minor issue with expert raw, this was fixed

No GPS issues at all, Google maps works a charm
0 Likes