26-04-2023 03:00 PM in
26-04-2023 03:06 PM - last edited 26-04-2023 03:06 PM
26-04-2023 03:22 PM in
26-04-2023 03:47 PM in
26-04-2023 04:06 PM in
@at_theresonly1mac yes and are you connecting to computer, another phone or using USB-C Headphones.
Full instructions here:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
May turn out you need to do a Factory Reset, obviously ensure you Back up Data before doing so.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .