Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 dropping calls and connection intermittently

(Topic created on: 11-04-2023 11:59 AM)
DuncanKent
Apprentice
Options

I've had my S22 since October, and have had this problem since then.

When on calls, I will suddenly stop being able to hear the person on the other end (although they can usually still hear me) and then 5-10 seconds later the call will be dropped. I then can't make or receive calls until I restart the phone. This will happen on about half of my calls, and there's no set pattern to it - it might happen afer 2 minutes or 15, and it might happen each time I reboot and call back (maximum of 3 attempts, after which I had to borrow my wife's phone).

This happens both with the mobile network (I'm on O2 in the UK) and when using wifi calling. I also find that the reception when using the mobile network is very poor indeed, even in the centre of London.

I also sometimes find that my network connection just drops, and won't come back until I restart the phone. 

I'm intending to ask Samsung to look at the phone under warranty, but before I do I wanted to know whether anyone knows of a way to resolve it without having to do that. Might getting a replacement SIM help? 

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@DuncanKent: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing mobile network connection issues on your Galaxy S22. Have you tried contacting your network provider directly to enquire about any known issues with the signal in your area? Do you have another compatible phone that you can try your SIM with, as this will help to determine if the issue is stemming from your current SIM? If you experiencing similar issues, you can request a SIM swap through your network to see if this resolves the problem.

In the meantime, if you have a case or cover on the phone, please try removing it temporarily to eliminate the possibility that it is somehow interfering with the antenna. You could also try powering off the device, removing the SIM, giving the gold contacts a rub with a dry, clean, microfibre cloth, then reinserting it and powering the device back on. Furthermore, you can head to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings, so you'll have to re-register any routers or Bluetooth devices. 

kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
Best to try a new sim card first
DuncanKent
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the advice, folks. I've done the network reset as suggested, and I've had a replacement SIM but unfortunately it's made no difference. I had a phone call today that dropped twice, and I had to restart my phone in order to call back.
I think I'll need to get Samsung to look at this under warranty.
ykeyre
Explorer
Options
Try an EE sim. See how it goes. If it's the same, then it's likely software related.
kelskin
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  This has been going on for months.  Has anyone actually figured out what is going on? I have searched everywhere, but this definitely seems to be an issue with a few Samsungs. 

0 Likes
DuncanKent
Apprentice
Options
I got Samsung to fix it under warranty. A guy came around in a van and did the work on the spot. I believe he replaced the charging port, as that apparently contains all of the network connections.
It seems to have worked so far.
0 Likes
Members_a31WFML
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my s22. From myside this is happening in last few weeks.

0 Likes
Vivking
First Poster
Options

I too am having the same issue, It just started today and has driven me to the end of the earth! I need my phone to make emergency calls for work, and it wont even call 000- says "network not registered" "Selected network not available" I have- 

- rebooted, - reset network settings- set to 3g/4g only, - called ALDI x11 no help, - added an esim (Telstra) doesnt work - called Samsung (will call me back) - cleaned the sim card, Im at a loss, its only 6 months old and just stopped working. Calls started dropping up, then people complaining I have a crappy line, then calls not received, now I cant make them either. Im so frustrated. 

0 Likes