Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U to S22U - sorry, a long read!

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 08:24 PM)
GusB
Big Cheese
Options

Too early for a 'review' as such, but I have had my S22U for a couple of weeks now.

This forum is a wonderful place to seek help, advice, solve issues or report problems - but exactly because of this, the threads are generally on the negative side. Not a critism, just the reality of a forum. I certainly don't want to undermine anyone with an issue - it is truly infuriating when you spend your hard earned money, on a top tier device - I agree it should be perfect.

I just wanted to buck that trend, and to instill a small amount of positive reading for anyone that might be considering this phone.

Right off the bat I will say...the design didn't blow me away, the specs were not a huge upgrade from the s21u so I convinced myself I would wait for S23u. A week or so passed and I got a new job so thought 'Why not, I'll treat myself' !!! 

Like many others, i read about everyone getting their phones, reading the problems, watching reviews and was strongly considering cancelling my pre-order... You can't help but be put off with all the issues being raised, but I did remind myself that the s21u launch was almost exactly the same....

My S22U arrived, and I still wasn't convinced...decided to try it for a couple of weeks, knowing that I could go back to the 21 and return it.

I'm happy to say that so far, *touch wood* I have had ZERO issues. No glitches, no heating, no screen issues, no lags. The phone operates great.

Coming from the s21u, I will say it's pretty underwhelming - the performance is maybe marginally better, the screen Is a little bit better, the camera is..a little bit better and we have the s pen.

If your coming from S/N10, S/N20 or older I'm sure you will notice it more.

If you read this far, then well done you - here's a picture of a lamb.

Shot on S22U

9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah the difference between the S21 Ultra and S22 Ultra was always going to be marginal.
So it's a minor upgrade really as the S21 Ultra is already a brilliant phone.
The S Pen was the biggest draw for me. Something I missed so much after I got rid of the Note 20 Ultra
My S22 Ultra has been working brilliantly since day one
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
I think the camera is considerably better, camera seems clearer and sharper than the s21 u.

I do think I may of messed up not reseting my phone when some of the updates came through, may of led to me having issues.
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Have you got the Goodlock app?
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Im quite religious at clearing cache partition following any updates, using good gaurdians app booster weekly and have set my phone to automatically restart twice a week...

Whether any of that helps or not, I don't know but it runs great.

I need more time with the camera. 😁
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
S21u really is a brilliant phone, big shoes to fill!
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I don't. I have tried it before but quite happy with most stock options. Is there something you particularly recommend?
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
I did a clean install this time, and will probably do this going forward with my new phones. Clear out every now and then also.

I did get a 2nd phone, xiaomi, on the cheap. Use it for streaming music and video apps which I do all day. This has probably been the biggest improvement on my battery.
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
I do love some of the bits on it, got me into using bixby routines.

Also great for customisation.

I love this for my recent appsScreenshot_20220420-210156_One UI Home.jpg
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
And 7x7 apps drawer