Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record calls option not available

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 04:24 PM)
Noorul
Journeyman
Options
Hi,
I have recently purchased Samsung galaxy s22 in UK. I have seen in many forums and YouTube videos about the record call feature in native phone app. But I don't see that in my phone. Is there any legal reason for it or my phone is having issue?
17 REPLIES 17
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Most devices do not allow call recording due to privacy rules. If a call is to be recorded, the other individual needs to be notified or else it is illegal. As such Samsung dropped this feature and most if not all third party apps no longer work,

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

In some jurisdictions/regions/countries where it is allowed it works but not here in Europe or US to name some. There is a workaround, of course, that requires some effort.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As has already been mentioned With privacy issues it has become problematic for  mobile companies to include  their own recording features. in the Uk data cannot be shared to a 3rd party without consent. See more information here, 3rd party apps likely to have limitations  https://www.ringcentral-how-to-record-a-phone-call/  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ACM89
Student
Options
Is this still not working? I want to be able to record calls sometimes
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It is working fine in regions where it is allowed to record calls

ACM89
Student
Options
So does this mean it will not work in the UK?
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Indeed. It will not work in UK or anywhere in Europe for that matter 

0 Likes
ACM89
Student
Options
Darn, that's annoying, I can ask the other party and they would be ok to be recorded, but I still don't have the option of recording them even after consent?
0 Likes
VampeTheVampire
First Poster
Options

you are wrong, Sweden allows recording calls, only one party needs to consent here, but the option to record is not available (tested on Galaxy Z Flip 4), which makes me sad because third party apps that has recording lacks to many features that Samsung's app has, it is only recording that Samsung is missing.